leaving a present

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
over the last coupe of years ive found a five cent coin buried at four different spots which have had no buildings there for at least fifty years and used to be houses but there are no other targets present , the area is only predecimal (farm land now) so obviously someone has left a five cent coin after they have detected the site lol. just wondering if anyone on here does this or has come across it. cheers.

Hey Magoozil, I have planted a 5c coin at a popular gold detecting spot near Yackandandah just to guage how well covered by other detectorists the ground has been. I had forgotten about it until your post. Last time I checked a few years agoit was still there.

One of the Perth beaches is notorious for a local who noticed a detectorist toiling in the sun a few years back, declared, "I'll give those blokes something to find" and scattered hundreds of 5c coins along the most trafficked area of the beach.

I found 32 there one day - individually! :eek:

grubstake said:
One of the Perth beaches is notorious for a local who noticed a detectorist toiling in the sun a few years back, declared, "I'll give those blokes something to find" and scattered hundreds of 5c coins along the most trafficked area of the beach.

I found 32 there one day - individually! :eek:

I don't dig 5c coins, I just leave them. :D 1c and 2c coins I dig though as they have very similar TID to the silvers. :(

Latest posts