Large scale detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys and girls, particularly the dealers,

I am wanting to know if there is a cheap way of putting together a larger scale detector to pick up large pieces of iron ore/ type materials. I am hoping I might be able to use my whites GMT detector as the base unit an make a coil to pick up large pieces of my target rock. Any ideas or products I should look at? Looking for 1meter plus with detecton of iron pieces to 50grams and above at a depth of 1m. I am thinking a light weight mono coil style would do the trick but need guide whether one can be made to adapted to the whites machine.

open the link below then scroll down and read the notes at the bottom of the page . you can message the guy and ask how many turns , what size wire etc etc

disclaimer : i have never made a coil and cant gaurantee that it wont create a black hole that will suck all the heavy metals in to another dimension in space , or something worse like it just wont work the way you hoped it would

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Litz-wir...51270393553?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item3a80e1eed1

Heatho said:
These guys make some interesting custom stuff, also for DIY.
http://detectormods.com/

Thing that worries me about running one of these is I might actually find someyhing 2 metres deep and actually have to dig it up. :)

hahaha !

that faint signal we say " must be a hot rock or ground noise " might well be a 100 ounce nugget 6 feet down

the swingers dilemma

think of it this way . digging a 6 foot deep hole will be good exercise to prepare you for "the big one" :p

Can't work out why you would want to use a detector to find iron minerals? Come to WA its laying around on the surface everywhere.

DD

There is a small metorite field near my home digger dude. Some have be found up to 7kgs. Mainly Iron at upto and over $1 a gram for verified rocks ill take finding about 10kgs at that price. My mate has access to 250acres in the middle of the strun field. :) beats the 2-3 hour drive to the gold fields.

Newbie said:
There is a small metorite field near my home digger dude. Some have be found up to 7kgs. Mainly Iron at upto and over $1 a gram for verified rocks ill take finding about 10kgs at that price. My mate has access to 250acres in the middle of the strun field. :) beats the 2-3 hour drive to the gold fields.

Fair call. I'd take those odds :)

Latest posts