Knelson

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all , I am on the hunt for a 30" Knelson . Condition , something rebuild able . Please reply here if you have some information . Thanks .

A knelson concentrater is used to separate minerals by the use of centrifugal force and water . Mainly used in volume applications . Bit like a washing machine on spin cycle .

Not a Knelson but a Knudsen.

Knudsen.jpg

View attachment Knudsen movie.mp4

I bought this with a wet plant in mind but the problem is getting the wet bit. PM me if you're interested. I've not set it up properly but I've run a few buckets of dryblower concentrates through and it does the job.

Some info on 3 inch and 7.5 inch Knelsons . A sluice box has only 1 G . at 1,453 rpm there is a force of 60 G on gold particles .

Attachments

• IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 1

This was the intent of the one I got.
I'd seen it in action on the Hodgkinson gold field on the fine gold.
Trying to reduce that inherant 12% loss over the launder.
I heard also that Frank was trying the same set up on his plant up past Cannibal creek.
The reason I didn't continue was that we were putting so much water thru the main sluice, this thing could never keep up.
But I have seen them work very well on concentrates, if you were to rework tailings piles and get some of that lost 12%...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts