Knee problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, I have a GPZ yes and I don't use discrimination at all. I've never used discrimination on any gold machine and honestly couldn't careless if it wasn't included.

Apart from that I've only ever dug up one knee while detecting, it was skeletonized and still attached to the rest of the body.

ps... you can actually edit a post to include aditional info that'll save you doing 50 posts in a row to add after thoughts.

Ray and Lips said:
Does anyone know how to stop metal knee from interfering with my gpx4500

When is the interference bothering you? During a detector swing or when crouching and sifting out a target?

I have a customer who uses a QED and we found that lengthening the shaft of the detector and using a small weight on the back of the detector for balance has helped immensely during detecting. Just moving the coil a couple more inches away did the trick.

Some people like to operate a detector coil by swinging close to their feet, but you don't necessarily have to do that and if you can balance the detector while moving the coil further out from your body then this may be all that is needed.

madtuna said:
Manpa said:
I'm surprised nobodies discussed removing the offending leg! :D :D :D :D :D
because that would be humour in a serious topic and as I found out when I tried that, some people get perturbed :D

But seriously it'll fix the problem.

Like all good politicians I'll apologise in advance if I have offended anyone. :D :D

Hi Ray,

Welcome to the mad house. What coil are you running on the 4500? Running a smaller coil was mentioned earlier as a possible solution. If the standard 11 inch coil is causing you issues, down sizing to an 8 inch could work but may be a real frustration to you if you want to cover a lot of country in WA. On the other hand it could also turn out to be a good option as the smaller coils find a lot of gold. MT would give you sound advice in this area. Could I also suggest that meeting up with a few members and trying some of their coils and settings would give you knowledge about how to minimise your knee issue. Good luck mate. Hope it turns out well for you.

Cheers

Les

madtuna said:
Manpa said:
I'm surprised nobodies discussed removing the offending leg! :D :D :D :D :D
because that would be humour in a serious topic and as I found out when I tried that, some people get perturbed :D
In all seriousness... not a one of you has advocated the removal of the batteries either. :Y:

Finally.... the right word for me :Y:
I'm coming out as a perturbator :p

Cut it with the "perturbed" jokes guys - in RF field analysis it's a serious scientific term (as I'm sure it is in many other scientific fields).
I largely work as an Electrical & Electronics Engineer (graduated Uni in '76) and have 40+ years in RF Engineering - Microwave Circuitry Design, RF Propagation Analysis (terrestrial and satellite), Radio Communications analysis, Antenna Design etc (so I know my shite) and I am getting perturbed by this on-going senseless discussion.
As one with a titanium knee I have often thought this through to help myself detecting. The answer is not to spend your lives trying to shield your knee/hip etc.
If you do, the knee wont get radiated but the shielding (electro or magnetic) will still perturb (last time that I'll use that word on this forum) the detector's field as you move towards or away from it more than just the knee.
I don't care if you want to try a remedy for the rest of your lives, but I'd rather be out there prospecting.
As I said, just learn to work around it or fill your boots with your fanciful ideas forever.

Ramjet said:
malri_au said:
you can edit a post once,then it's locked.

You can edit for a certain time. One hour I believe. After that it's locked but if you ask moderator nicely, they may edit for you. :D

Fair enough,tried to edit posts previously but they've been locked,cheers for clarification.

Latest posts