Kalgoorlie WA Western Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions for best places to stay/ detect for a few weeks .no 40e atm so only pending or crown anyone know of any stationstay style places were fully selfsufficient have happyprospector etc just never been in this area an lookn for some local advice on what areas are dodgy etc ..thanks :argh:

Hi Mate

I stayed up in Wiluna few years back. No accomodation in Wiluna at all. Hotel has closed down and only a cafe style store with food, groceries, fuel and a few camping items.

There is a Donga style accommodation about 12 km's out of town: Email is: [email protected].

Presently $105 per night so yes expensive. You can also get meals there for around $35 for dinner. All their rooms are air conditioned, have a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities in them.

You will need 40E as all sites are mining companies etc from what I remember. I'm heading over there from Melbourne next year on my own.

cheers
Greg

Hello everybody !

I am planning my gold prospecting season (2020) in WA. I will be in the area of Kalgoorlie. I will be detecting up to two months. I can go to remote spots (I will have a 4x4 and be able to camp with it for days in the outback).

I am aware of the legal enquiries (crown, pastoral, pending and live leases). I am trying to find spots in crown, pastoral or pending leases to go detect.

I am facing some issues to find spots and I need your help.

How do you find your spots where you go ?
Do you go randomly ?
Can I find somewhere a register of the gold find by leases or mine ?
Are there maps which shows the gold deposit ? (I have seen the maps in the maps sections, I am looking for more precise)

Have you any tips/advice for me ? :argh:

If one of you will be detecting there during this period I will be more than glad to pay him a beer ! :perfect:

Joffrey

Hello Joffrey,

i think https://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Tengraph_online.aspx will help you much, you can view for live and pending tenements there and if it is a Prospecting, Mining ior Exploration tenement. Note for live exploration lease you can go prospecting in you need a 40E Permit
If you download the kml files you are also able to see them in Google Earth, additional i would download the minedex kml to see gold mines.
This will help you much.

By the way i will be in this area on may to june next year too ;-)

Regards Marc

Hi Marc

You are telling me that Tengraph shows the diffrence between a prospecting,Mining and Ecploration lease ? In my case I have to look for prospecting? to look for gold with a detector ?

I will try your advice !

Do you know if there are maps showing gold deposits, or faults that contain gold? This way you can bet on where the gold has gone and prospect for it.

I let you know when I would be there :)

Hello Geoffrey,

you will get the Minedex file here https://dasc.dmp.wa.gov.au/dasc/ under Statewide spatial datasets \ Mineral information \ Mines and mineral deposits (MINEDEX) \ 23/09/2019 5.45 MB Google Earth KMZ File (ZIP) Download.

In Tengraph you will see at the Lease Name which kind of lease it is, per Example E 36/907 = Exploration Lease you see it at the "E" , for Mining you will have "M" and for Prospecting "P". So you see easy what kind of it it is.

You will be able to prospect normall on status "pending" tenements with the "Miners Permit". If it is a pastoral lease you must contact the pastoral lease holder.
If it is a "live" tenenment starting with "E" you are able to make an 40E Application which costs 90 AUD , you have here http://www.reedsprospecting.com.au/useruploads/files/how_to_complete_a_section_40e_permit.pdf a very good explanation. Keep in your mind at moment it needs much time to get a 40E permit, so calculate around 2 month for getting it and also keep in your mind when you get it, you are first able to prospect 21 days later there.

Sometimes a "pending" tenenemt is overlaying a "live" tenenment in tengraph, this areas you should not went for prospecting.

You can msg me then i can also send you a file with old mines in wa.

Regards Marc

Probably been asked before but , if ya have miners rights in wa and want to detect on some pending ground but its surrounded by live lease do u need to get 40e to go through those live leases ?

As long as surrounded by ELs
If surrounded by ML's slightly different, in theory its ok but practically may be a problem.

As long as surrounded by ELs
If surrounded by ML's slightly different, in theory its ok but practically may be a problem.

Latest posts