Just visiting Wangaratta mid next week on way home.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Ron Ludwig
Reaction score
Hi Members,

I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to go looking for a few hours mid next week in/around Wangaratta.
Happy to meet up with you should you have time to pan or use md.
Please drop me a line here or call me on [Contact details removed, please add them to your profile - Nugget]
Wife hates me coming home with bugger all, sound familiar? :rolleyes:

cheers

Hey Ron, Eldorado is a 15 minute drive cant go wrong there mate. Anywhere in Reedy Creek up to Woolshed falls is open to fossicking and plenty of color to be had. Have fun, Balx

G'day Ron

agree with Balx - Eldorado is the best place to go. Go through the little town and continue through to the Kangaroo Crossing - the first crossing on the creek. Just before the crossing or on the right hand side going north you can pull over and get amongst the rocks. If you don't have a 4X4 you may have some difficulties on the tracks off the road further along from the crossing so take care. Make sure you have your Miners Right with you as the area is patrolled by rangers from Beechworth.

Araluen

Thanks Balx & Araluen,

Your suggestions will help me out as far as a starting location as I am a little pressed for time. Has there been much rain in the area and do the creeks always run?
Do you generally just pan there do you ever try a md?
Hope I get some time there this time next week, can't wait.

Cheers Gents.

Forget the Detector mate its all fine stuff, Plenty of water running in Reedy creek ATM keep your eyes peeled for gems as well. Cheers Balx

Thanks Balx & Araluen,

Your suggestions will help me out as far as a starting location as I am a little pressed for time. Has there been much rain in the area and do the creeks always run?
Do you generally just pan there do you ever try a md?
Hope I get some time there this time next week, can't wait.

Cheers Gents.

G'Day

If you have a yabbie pump just go find a nice crevice or big rock jam and suck up some dirt from as near to the bottom you can get - preferably right on the bottom and pan that off. Don't worry about panning it right down, just go to a concentrate and pan off at home as you have little time. The concentrates at Eldorado are full of tin and garnet and so on and it is very difficult and time consuming to pan right down. Just do it at home over a nice cold beer.

araluen

Hi All,Panning today Reedy Creek for a couple of hours, plenty of water there

1399803896_gold.jpg

Can confirm there is plenty of water coming down the creek, still plenty of good gold around too. Look for parts of the creek where large cobble has accumulated in the creek bed, move the bigger rocks aside and get digging.

Good luck.

Adam

Latest posts