Just starting out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am relatively new to the world of prospecting and fossicking (or rock hunting as I called it as a kid). I have been reading through the forum posts for hints and tips and so far have learnt a lot.
:) looking forward to the adventures ahead!

Welcome, what are you looking to get into, gemstones, gold panning, detecting? It is certainly a good hobby to get out of the house, learn a bit, and keep healthy all at the same time - very rewarding. :)

I am into gemstones and gold panning. Your right its looking like a great hobby to get into :) We are planning our first family rock hunting trip in the next month or two so the kids are getting very excited. Thinking a trip to Nundle to look for gold and gems!

Nundle is a great spot for a family fossicking trip, lots of variety and the chance of picking up a good sapphire and Quartz crystals as well as some gold.

Welcome to PA and don't forget to pack your camera.

Thanks Wally69 for the welcome. We are really excited about our trip (especially the kids).
Now to find some family friendly spots :) bring on the research....

Hi IN hope all goes well and you end up with something in the pan,....can't put a price on having adventures with the kids.

Latest posts