just got the bug

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks, the wife, galah and I have recently started the hunt for gold and gems as a casual hobby, we've started out with a couple of pans and a shovel then more pans and different shovels, a yabbie pump, pinpointer, gold monster, picks and a dolly pot and having a good time finding the small amount we have so far with the best luck being from Reedy creek, We are based in the Kiewa Valley so heaps of exploring to do nearby

Hi folks, the wife, galah and I have recently started the hunt for gold and gems as a casual hobby, we've started out with a couple of pans and a shovel then more pans and different shovels, a yabbie pump, pinpointer, gold monster, picks and a dolly pot and having a good time finding the small amount we have so far with the best luck being from Reedy creek, We are based in the Kiewa Valley so heaps of exploring to do nearby
"Casual hobby", heh, heh. :p

That's what we all thought when the bug first bit us, but all too soon every waking minute is spent watching YouTube prospecting videos, reading equipment reviews and planning the next expedition! At the very least, it's a great excuse to get out of the house into the beautiful Aussie bush.

Good luck in the hunt, mate.

"Casual hobby", heh, heh. :p

That's what we all thought when the bug first bit us, but all too soon every waking minute is spent watching YouTube prospecting videos, reading equipment reviews and planning the next expedition! At the very least, it's a great excuse to get out of the house into the beautiful Aussie bush.

Good luck in the hunt, mate.
Yeah it’s already started lol, looking into sluicing and a bigger quieter crusher luckily I’ve had good luck with the pan so far not much gold but also not much time put in out in the field but plenty watching YouTube, I learnt a lot from Vogus prospecting, Dan Hurd and others and having a good run with nine outta ten pans having at least a couple specks makes me wonder why I waited so long to start, this game is right up my alley with the exploration, hunt and of course that heavy yellow stuff at the end 👍

Latest posts