Just another newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9od

Reaction score
Hey all.
Been prospecting only bout a year and a half now.
I live about and hour and a half from any gold bearing areas in vic which makes it a bit difficult to get out as often as I'd like and the area I currently go to doesn't have a huge amount of info on it as far as alluvial mining records go, which is what I'm chasing out there.
At the moment I'm in dryblowing mode but I also really dig running the mini 6 sluice up around beechworth.
I gotz a little sdc aswell, just to mix it up a bit, but its also really handy in the areas I go as the gold there is really small.
Hoping to learn a lot more from being on here and maybe even be able to give some help myself.

Cheers Jaros. It's a great site and I've learnt much from it already.

Gday 9od. Welcome. Good detector. Dry blower. Not for a few months. Its been the wettest year here in Vic

I've been running the dry blower the last couple of months and seems to be dry enough as long as there has been a week of no rain. Mind you I am only running piles and am on relatively high ground. The machine seems to handle it fine and although its a little moist on top, the piles have been bone dry an inch down all winter.

Latest posts