Juipiter creek, South Australia SA information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Bacchus.

I was at Jupiters yesterday, could only manage one tiny piece.

1514159101_rsz_20171225_101228.jpg

Anolphart said:
You forgot to leave the co-ordinates on your GPS in the photo :p

No secrets with me cobber happy to share info with anyone and get a kick out of others finding a bit :D

Down by the sluice dam Jupiter Creek work the clay banks . Shallow stuff is mostly gone but the very faint signals from the SDC sometimes find bits at 6 to 8 inches Very Slow Very Low :Y:

PS. Nice one Sam :Y: are you Econovan parked down bottom ?
Hope to catch up one day always a cold beer in the car fridge ;)

Was great to meet you today, Bacchus.

Hope you got some yellow after i left. I got one more, so 6 pieces for me for the day. Most bits in one day from Jupiters, happy with that.

Photo to come, dropped them in acid to clean up a bit.

That is an awesome effort Sam ! 6 bits in one day JC is better than I have ever done :Y: only 1 tiddler for me today . Nice to meet you and spend a day in the bush.

Cheers

Hi all, an observation from today that the Long Gully track to the bottom carpark of Jupiter Creek (SA) has been closed. A new locked gate and signage has been installed over the past day or two. Im unsure of whether this will be opened within certain times though by the looks of it seems good and proper closed? Not a commonly used carpark/track and pretty damp through the winter hence theyd previously signed it as a summer track only, but some may have used it to access lower diggings rather than walking down. Happy swingin :)

Hey all, just a quick heads up. Jupiter Creek has had a burn off and lots of people up there over the last week.

I have seen Two snakes in the last five days in the burnt of area, both Red belly blacks. Managed to get the one from this morning to sit still and smile :)

1572682901_20191102_snake.jpg

Be very careful going into the shallow workings in White gully, both have been in there and as soon as startled have gone into holes in the side.

In Vic at this time already seen 2 browns, they are everywhere.

Snake gaiters, a must, carrying a bite kit, also a must.

I also carry a PLB as I'm detecting alone.

I have a friend with a gold monster and he doesnt use head phones , he swears it makes the snakes inquisitive and cruise towards him, not aggressively but still moving closer. Strange but true , when he swings his 4500 he finds snakes stationary and they dont even notice him.

I havent been detecting yet this snake season yet, but i can tell you im seeing 3 a week around the farm and all are fat and healthy, wont be long and they will be mating and shedding skins and that is when they are agressive buggers.

With the dry hot conditions you have big balls to be fiddling about in half dry creeks ,imo.

Muk said:
Why is everyone scared of snakes cant understand it keep your eyes open dont do stupid shite it will be fine cheers Muk.
Just imagine if Adam had gotten his apple from a possum and not a snake

condor22 said:
In Vic at this time already seen 2 browns, they are everywhere.

Snake gaiters, a must, carrying a bite kit, also a must.

I also carry a PLB as I'm detecting alone.

Those two are busy then ;) Omnipresent perhaps!

Latest posts