Juipiter creek, South Australia SA information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone knows anything about Jupiter creek.
Heading up to Adelaide for a night in a month and a bit.

Also, do i have to go far off track at Jupiter creek?

Thanks! :D

You better get there before phase tech from Minelab cleans it all out!
He has a big nugget he found there recently, seen the pic yesterday, the GPZ is plucking gold like nobody,s business.

Swinging & digging said:
You better get there before phase tech from Minelab cleans it all out!
He has a big nugget he found there recently, seen the pic yesterday, the GPZ is plucking gold like nobody,s business.

Haha so without a detector pretty much got no hope.. Or just wing it and strike it lucky. How big was the nugget?

Hi,

I was thinking of heading to jupiter creek, being new to gold detecting, I don't really know what to do. So at Jupiter Creek you can find gold by just searching anywhere off the track? Also is there actually a creek there, for alluvial?

Thanks!

Hi all just about to head down that way to do some swinging can anyone give me any info about the police reserve around Jupiter creek cheers, G.

Gday G man

It's a Star Force training and shooting range including the old sluice dam , shame as there is bound to be plenty of good ground which is now untouchable .

Cheers and good luck

Howdy Comrades,
Appart from the inconveniance of headphones, does anyone think that a 'Booster Kit is better for spotting??
Cheers Jordie

Went for a drive to Jupiter a couple of days ago to find it all fenced off with signs from SA mines dept stating closed for maintainence :mad: probably to fence off a few more of the shafts which have become overgrown don't really know , plan B was my lonely spot at Chapel to find 4 cars parked ( not so lonely I guess :8 ) but hope this info saves any members the long drive.

Cheers for the heads up Bacchus.
I am going to head to Adelaide early June so will plan to look at Crawford and stear clear of Jupiter's

Mick&Co said:
Does anyone know when it will open again or where and how I can find out?

Well the original post stated the "Closed" sign was S.A. Dept of Mines, so give them a call and ask :)

Edit No info on their web page....

Interesting conversation with 2 National Parks and Wildlife officers at Chapel Hill on Monday gone , I asked them about JC and they were not sure and referred me to SA Mines dept re signage . One did say that he believed that we should not really be fossicking at Chapel either claiming there is environmental factors including endangered fauna ! but agreed he had no authority to " kick me out " and was not clear on the exact rules . As the only signage is "Danger Deep Shafts " I told them I would continue until seeing any official notification .
There were a couple of members of the Southern Seekers Detecting club I was speaking to there the day before including the club president who seem a decent mob so if it keeps up like this a united effort may be needed to petition the fossicking areas we do have remain open in SA.

The only bright point was this little half grammer

1498107722_image.jpg

Latest posts