jaffle iron recipes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisho

sean bishop
Reaction score
with winter approaching at an incredible speed, what do other forum members throw in the jaffle iron for dinner??

buy a can of cambells chunky canned stew and put it in there OMG its awesome.

WARNING when it drips out it is insanely hot :p

Savory Mince is a fav of mine, another easy one is can of Irish Stew or baked beans or spaghetti and mozzarella cheese. ;)

Buy the jumbo jaffle iron ,buy pizza singles fold them in half put in iron a meal fit for a prospector

Hey Guys'/Girls',

Here is a favourite of the kids when camping;
Vegemite, Baked Beans and Cheese, although this is also a cheap jaffle the kids love it.

For me, I am partial to have the left overs from last nights dinner, as long as it is either Spag or savoury mince.

Growing and camping with my father, the meal before we left any campsite was always a jaffle just before the camp fire was quenched, two camping lessons in one morning.

Caution both will have HOT interiors when spilling out.

Peter. :cool:

half a block of Ration Pack Chocolate, Crumbled up Biscuit Jam Filled, and a squirt of Sweetened Condensed Milk..

Rat Pack Cheddar Cheese, Beans and any kind of meat..

Add a cackleberry (hen egg) to any and every jaffle

Best food you could make out of a Army Ration pack before they went all dehyd and boil in the bag...

Old School

Cheers, Tone

#1 one bum nut (aka hens egg) diced smokey bacon, shredded mature cheddar cheese = yum (see pic)

#2 cold smoked salmon, blue vein cheese, capers = yum yum

! for safety and full enjoyment allow Jaffles to cool for 10 minutes before scoffing ;)
1394534800_picture_3.png

casper

You blokes would keep me awake all night with all the 'pwaaaarrrrrttt noises coming from your tents!
I have had canned apple and some custard in the iron for dessert. Tastes pretty good!
Reeko

Mince precooked with cummin, garlic, chilli etc or a packet of taco mix.

Chopped fresh tomatoes

Chopped Lettuce or Coriander

Grated Cheese

Put between two double buttered slices of bread in a Jaffle Iron.

Put some salsa sauce either over it or in it as well.

Latest posts