It's the Ungybungyboh......and treasure!!! (hopefully.....one day)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and dirt diggers,

Figured I should start a thread on what I find on my wee little travels, you never know, it may get interesting one day. :)

It has been a life changing week, I quit my job today, 2 days notice...pretty much came too the conclusion people that be in my direct environment are just morons and had to leave. When I make a decision like that, it's final, no use hanging around...

ANYWAY....this leaves me with some late Spring/Summer swinging fun (in more ways than one hopefully!!!) and I plan on spending this down time building some forearm muscles (to beat the wanking jokes, I swap arms when I swing, Im ambidextrous? and using the left DOES feel like a stranger!!! SOURCE: Im single.) and contemplate some serious life decisions...

So you will be hearing more from me and my adventures with the MILFS.....I mean spoils....I mean treasure....Im just going to shut up now....finds after roughly 6 hours on XTerra 305 on local beaches n tots (minus $4 I gave too 2 little Bro and Sis diggers who joined me from a nearby picnic, gave them some spoils for the digging, but it still was not the pirate treasure we where looking for 8.( Good diggers though!! )

Argghhhhhhh Treasure!!!!

1413966689_1017745_10152811252644524_5803281307951752090_n.jpg

Nice to see you are sharing your treasure, what is the pictured ring, looks very similar to the double banded ring I found a while back? :)

44 is max ID, it could have been 34 or 36, as soon as I heard the squeel, I was on my knees with the pin pointer, even it made a good squeel as I was digging and not paying much attention to ID.

Mate great work, sorry haven't got back been out on a boat all day just got home.

Yeah keen for Hill End this weekend, gunna have a swing early Saturday then head down the bridal track to some quieter spots :D

Kids love getting the odd coin from us, they seem to enjoy the fact that they've seen it come to light from the ground and get to take it home and show off their very own found buried treasure,... good place to send all those 1c &2c coins, as they've usually never seen one.

Hit the beach for a couple of hours yesterday, pretty sparse pickings. I think it has been swept by an old fella I have heard about who roams the beaches. He is missing some things though. The 10c is a 1968 and the 50c is 1969, both where about 15-20cm deep getting into the wet sand. Might head down again today and try other end of beach.

1414531938_imag0594.jpg

Evening Diggers and Digettes,

Update for my latest finds to add to the treasure chest AKA plastic jug.

I went and upgraded my detecting equipment since the last post, figured seeing as I have the bug and not much else on the agenda for next few months, I went and got myself a CTX 3030...

Damn she is a fine piece.....she makes me excited!

Still early days, after the weekend away in Hill End with the boys, which she really wouldn't find the sub gram stuff anyway, we did try, I was actually hoping to find an old relic or two, no luck, but that was only on the preset settings with a bit of playing......

Did 4 hours down beach today, its been hit pretty hard, being metro, but I was immensely impressed with depth and target ID. I did dig a lot of trash, but it was dug out of curiosity and to check the readings etc etc with target ID.

Here is my hoard from today, not much, no retirement fund, thinking the ear ring may be silver, or just cheap ass metal. I did start my search in an area of a historic shipwreck, and found the below nail/hook looking thing about 30cm down, half way down the low tide mark. Any ideas what it is? It did not Disc out as I was running beach settings, could it be an old school fishing implement or a ship nail?

I am also going to start a Hot Cars car yard........

1415005661_imag0619.jpg

Nice finds, farout there will be nothing left on the beaches now you have that 3030. :)

Some beaches in Sydney get detected nearly every day. I hit North Curly beach a few times and there is literally nothing, not even junk. First couple of times with the Aldi, bugger all there, next time I took the GPX down just out of interest to see if there was anything deeper and nothing again.

Some beaches though get overlooked for some reason and can be a little gold mine.

Being such a wonderful afternoon, couldn't help myself but go out for another swing hoping for another watch.

No such luck.....BUT I did find my first silver, a 925 necklace and pendant that just rang like a trooper on the CTX, thinking the pendant failed in its job miserably (it says Sent to watch over you) :) and also a Triton Tungsten mens ring, could be a wedding band, but it was also a good 35cm down on the beach, deep sucker, been there a while I think.

Have also started using the GPS tracking on it so I can keep track of which parts of the beach I have gridded, love this little machine!!

1415859249_10408125_10152865346379524_6882804149796153665_n.jpg

1415859249_imag0631.jpg

Latest posts