It's so wrong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicter

Terry
Reaction score
What really gets up my nose is traveling 25 minutes to the nearest green shed to buy some 6mm eye bolts, traveling 25 minutes home and finding the thread isn't 6mm (Just the eye). Its an annoying American thread, then a couple of days later heading in again to get a load rated snap hook and having to ask the "expert" at the shed to translate the rating strain stamped on said snap hook from Lbs to kg.

Anyone got the number for Weights & Measures?

Anything else **** you off that's rational :)

.....and another thing that's pissing me off is the inability of manufacturers to label sufficient information on the outside to allow you to make a decision as to whether the product will meet your needs. I've now got to the stage that I'll just tear the tamper proof packaging apart to determine if it meets my needs rather than hunt around fpor a non existent store person.

.......and another thing that's ****** me off is the inability to place associated products near each other. Nuts..... nowhere near bolts, PVC plumbing nowhere near PVC glue..... and on it goes

bicter said:
What really gets up my nose is traveling 25 minutes to the nearest green shed to buy some 6mm eye bolts, traveling 25 minutes home and finding the thread isn't 6mm (Just the eye). Its an annoying American thread, then a couple of days later heading in again to get a load rated snap hook and having to ask the "expert" at the shed to translate the rating strain stamped on said snap hook from Lbs to kg.

People who deliberately multiple-post their comments on PA. :N:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=509503#p509503

grubstake said:
bicter said:

People who deliberately multiple-post part of their comment on PA. :N:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=509503#p509503

There, fixed it for you. :)
.... and if you're going to quote my post, please don't amend it.

Creekbed said:
Do your research first before heading to the "green shed" as you put it.
That Green Shed mob have one of the best websites in the country so utilize it first.

Cheers CB

Research does help :Y: if you do it right and know a bit about what your after you'll find the Green Shed staff know sweet f all about most of their products so the website is your best friend. You'll also be able to work out (if you know a bit about your search item/s) the Green Shed isn't the only joint to look. I hate dealing with anyone from the Green Shed so I don't ask questions because 95% of the time I end up wasting more of my time due to their lack of knowledge.

Only 25 minutes to the green shed Bicter, that's bugger all, I'm four and a half hours away from the closest one. I do 2 trips a year to get the things I have researched and if I can't find what I'm looking for, I spend a most enjoyable few hours searching - I come across things that I never knew existed.

The problem with most people today is that they are always in a rip roaring hurry and imo that causes stress leading to illogical thinking resulting in mistakes.

Slow down a bit and as Creekbed said, do your research first - then you can only blame yourself if you chose the wrong item.

Think that is bad.
We don't have a green shed down here at all.
Only green shed I know of is a mates green shed.
And that usually entails a long visit to begin with.
And that then goes into other stories. :beer: :bomb: :sunny:

bicter .If its that bad dont shop there . 25 minutes from the big green shed tells me you have options.

bicter said:

Easy enough to Google lbs to kg

Creekbed said:
Do your research first before heading to the "green shed" as you put it.
That Green Shed mob have one of the best websites in the country so utilize it first.

Cheers CB
... and yet they don't appear to list the eyebolt I bought.
For info, I was back in there today and the eyebolt isn't the one someone posted a link to. The one I purchased was a Zenith ZBG0003 and it definitely doesn't reference 1/4" whitworth on any part of the labeling. You people had me thinking I was going mad :)

snafu said:
Only 25 minutes to the green shed Bicter, that's bugger all, I'm four and a half hours away from the closest one. I do 2 trips a year to get the things I have researched and if I can't find what I'm looking for, I spend a most enjoyable few hours searching - I come across things that I never knew existed.

The problem with most people today is that they are always in a rip roaring hurry and imo that causes stress leading to illogical thinking resulting in mistakes.

Slow down a bit and as Creekbed said, do your research first - then you can only blame yourself if you chose the wrong item.

If I went any slower, I'd be going backwards :)

Its not the distance, it's the fact that the item wasn't fit for purpose, necessitating putting the 5 minute job on hold until I got it sorted. I don't need that and I'd hazard a guess that the majority of people wouldn't either.

I think it's entirely logical to expect an eyebolt described in metric measurements to have a metric thread.

Out of interest, do you research every individual item you're considering purchasing? Must take up a lot of your time :)

lordo.1 said:
bicter .If its that bad dont shop there . 25 minutes from the big green shed tells me you have options.

I went there because it's the closest hardware store. I don't live in the city :)

Latest posts