It's a ruff life being a dog.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJ is just asserting himself as second in the pecking order with you being the top dog, I hope this doesnt cause you issues further down the track, we had a kelpie cross that had the same issues, became a problem around our kids unfortunately, had to re home him.

Our Cocker Spaniel loves people but not all dogs. It's a strange situation. He sits with us thru fireworks-NYEve and Riverefire which is tonite. He just looks up for us to acknowledge that it's ok sits and watches.
Luv the old fella.-nearly 14.

Manpa said:
TJ is just asserting himself as second in the pecking order with you being the top dog, I hope this doesnt cause you issues further down the track, we had a kelpie cross that had the same issues, became a problem around our kids unfortunately, had to re home him.

Nope. He is seriously aggressive. Will attack any dog or person if I am not with him.

Ramjet said:
Manpa said:

Nope. He is seriously aggressive. Will attack any dog or person if I am not with him.

I hope Im wrong but I think you have a problem dog.

Both of my dogs are a bit like that when they are with my wife and I'm not there. Very protective and a bit aggressive. Lucky we don't really have a social life and both prefer to spend time out in the bush where it's unlikely that we'll run into anyone, and if we do, having a couple of bodyguards isn't such a bad thing.

One thing I have learned over the years, is establishing who is who in the house.
If you have kids, always feed the family before the dog, and let the dog see this.
Get the kids feed some scraps to the dog, when they have finished.
The dog should be loved and feel secure, but know it's place in the pack.

Manpa said:
Ramjet said:
Manpa said:

I hope Im wrong but I think you have a problem dog.

Oh he is a problem dog for sure. Part wild animal. It's up to me to give him his best life.

He us so affectionate to family. Grandkids jump all over him.

I am working on it.

Gday

My old girl Jess, passed away 5 years ago due to a stroke, was two weeks off 18 years old, Fox terrier jack Russel cross, best guard dog ever, thought she was a Scottish Terrier though, certainly had the attitude.

1633715030_scottish_terrier_jess.jpg

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts