IT"S SNOWING BALLARAT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
Captain Zero said:
SCROUNGER said:
Looking at west Gippsland BW, my wife wants us to be closer to the grandkids and get me further away from the GT :lol:
Gotta say as much as i like it here in Ballarat, i miss the mountains and trout rivers over in Gippsland and the wilderness estuaries of far East Gippsland.
If we make the move my trusty 2300 will be on the market i think as i'll probably take up gem hunting down that way if it exists instead of driving up to the GT.

Sounds like a good move SCROUNGER untill the kids want to move some ware else, or decide to chase work interstate!!!!

Its better not to shoot yourself in the foot just because your knee is playing up, remember you heard it here first SCROUNGER.

Captn
Good advice Captain, but you've overlooked one little thing, and that is that i don't have much say in it. We move if she who must be obeyed says we move, the only concession i get is that we don't have to be in suburbia! She knows that would be what breaks the camels (and our marriage) back :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear what your saying SCROUNGER, It sort of makes you wonder why we have male Politian's put 20 or 30 sheila's together and there's no problem

Captain Zero said:
SCROUNGER said:
Captain Zero said:
SCROUNGER said:
Looking at west Gippsland BW, my wife wants us to be closer to the grandkids and get me further away from the GT :lol:
Gotta say as much as i like it here in Ballarat, i miss the mountains and trout rivers over in Gippsland and the wilderness estuaries of far East Gippsland.
If we make the move my trusty 2300 will be on the market i think as i'll probably take up gem hunting down that way if it exists instead of driving up to the GT.

Sounds like a good move SCROUNGER untill the kids want to move some ware else, or decide to chase work interstate!!!!

Its better not to shoot yourself in the foot just because your knee is playing up, remember you heard it here first SCROUNGER.

Captn
Good advice Captain, but you've overlooked one little thing, and that is that i don't have much say in it. We move if she who must be obeyed says we move, the only concession i get is that we don't have to be in suburbia! She knows that would be what breaks the camels (and our marriage) back :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear what your saying SCROUNGER, It sort of makes you wonder why we have male Politian's put 20 or 30 sheila's together and there's no problem
Now that is a radical 'political' satement Captn. Dunno about that proposition mate, can you imagine a parliament just made up of women such as Bishop, Wong, Cash, Pillberseck et al? It'd be like desperate house wives, housewives of Beverley Hills et etc on steroids i reckon. One thing women tend to dislike more than men is other women (when they're in a large group at least) from what i've seen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last winter was bad Gt59, but this year is already shaping up to be colder imo. The black ice was so bad the other morning when i had to go to Melbourne it took me over 1/2 an hour to reach the freeway which is normally ten minutes drive away, and it took 2 1/2 hours to go from Ballarat to just over the westgate bridge. There were cars, trailers and caravans off the freeway from Ballarat down to Pykes creek Reservoir. Bloody bedlam, and p platers and others still doing 100 clicks and hour.

That's what happens when you choose to live in Ballarat Scrounger - instead of close to grandkids in Gippsland and with its Mountains, inlets for fishing and diverse/pristine gem locations. But that's right - don't listen to your missus ;)

I had the same problem on Sunday Scrounger. I was heading to Trentham and it was 0c once i hit Greendale, from that point on the road was treacherous. Its a 80 k zone but i was sitting on 60 and i could visibly see ice on the road, even the puddles on the side of the road were iced over at Barrys Reef, then i had this lunatic tailgating me, i thought about pulling over but i thought stuff him and its a winding prick of a road so i knew he couldn't over take and in the end i probably saved his life.
Some people have no idea when they get behind the wheel of a car.

35 today, im going to Adaminaby and Canberra next week.....think Im gonna notice the difference?

SCROUNGER said:
Last winter was bad Gt59, but this year is already shaping up to be colder imo. The black ice was so bad the other morning when i had to go to Melbourne it took me over 1/2 an hour to reach the freeway which is normally ten minutes drive away, and it took 2 1/2 hours to go from Ballarat to just over the westgate bridge. There were cars, trailers and caravans off the freeway from Ballarat down to Pykes creek Reservoir. Bloody bedlam, and p platers and others still doing 100 clicks and hour.

Black ice will bring anyone undone especially those that push boundaries. If I had my way I would live in Broome during our winter living on fish I catch and beer I buy. Then make my way back down south for the BBQ season. Ah dreams !!!!

GT :)

Always cold at Ballarat tried to sleep in the car there one night. Froze. Camped out at Dunolly on Saturday night in a two man tent, below 0 overnight and 0.1 at 8am. Started detecting but the hands were frozen. Just wanted a hit from anything so that I could dig and warm up.

After Driving in the Snow over here for so many years I found it is always best to pull away in Second Gear and be very easy on the Gas and front wheel Drive works better than rear wheel Drive, Unless you have a 4x4 and If it is Automatic then even Better, but even then try and pull away in Second and Once you get it moving Sneak up on the Gas Pedal. And Guide the steering wheel NOT Turn it, Nice and smooth does the trick.

Every Winter I end up Towing people up the Hill who don't know how to Drive in the Snow, and Once I tell em second Gear and Gentle on the Gas they get on there way.

let me know if it works for ya,

John

Latest posts