Is anyone one around oberon this weekend?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish..........but the silly season has taken hold and I am not allowed out to play 8.(

I think my stripes are running the wrong way to change colours to brown and gold for a Hawks tribute.

Don't knock the ALDI detector, it scored more than the Hawks did ths year. ;)

Hi All

Its been quiet from this area over the break. Did anyone venture out at all, it would be good to hear and see some photos if you did. :p

I went out oberon last weekend, I was happy with my result as I'm new to it.
I'll put some pics up!

1422988073_image.jpg

Nice haul BigRed, all from the one hole?

How do the sapphires come up under light? You may wish to try photographing on top of a torch or in full sunlight on white paper and Zoom in for that OMG photo.

Heading to Oberon this weekend. Is there anywhere else to find sapphires other than sapphire bend!

Big Red

Was that haul out of the bend or somewhere else. Not bad for a newby

BUDDY208 said:
Heading to Oberon this weekend. Is there anywhere else to find sapphires other than sapphire bend!

Buddy

1.Little River Fossicking Reserve. Between the two bridges and opposite junction of Abercrombie and Shooters Hill Roads at Porters Retreat. Find: Sapphires & Zircons.
2.Campbells River Causeway. Forestry maintained camping area on Campbells River Road. Find: Sapphires, Zircon & Gold.
3.Sapphire Bend. Riverview Road second turn left on Abercrombie Road after Black Springs. Find: Sapphires, Zircons & Occasional Industrial Diamonds.
4.Sewells Creek Causeway. Travel out Sewells Creek Road to causeway Fossicking area on right hand side of the road. Find: Sapphires, Zircons & Gold.
5.Native Dog Creek. Two access points from State Forest Roads. Drive in at Riverview Forest road left side of road after Foleys Creek road, Drive in a short way, old mine shaft for Gold. Travel on to where you meet up with Beaconsfield road, turn right travel 1/2 km then turn left and follow the road to Native Dog Creek. Find: Gold, Zircons & Sapphires.

There are other areas but getting access is the hardest. Most of the creeks and rivers are dried up and overgrown making it near impossible to get to a good spot or even identify where they are. Private property is limiting on areas, tiger leeches the size of your arm as well.

Wally and Conan
Yeah I got them out of native dog creek just dug around a rock
In the future ill use my mirror and light to post the pics so you can see my finds better :)

That Native Dog creek has some nice colour and some good concentrations, mind you, I think you selected a great rock. :cool:

Latest posts