Investing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself I would go term deposit with a major bank, not much chance of losing it and it will not make a lot at the moment but you still have the capital (make sure you can not access it)
I lost in superannuation so make your own mind up on that one as some people did not lose in the GFC but mine is going south again now.
There are other options out there but do not take advice from me as I only wish I could make a few dollars myself instead
of paying financial advisers who in most cases have their own intress at heart.

Speak to an expert and ask them to show you where they invest their money and see where they are going to invest yours.

Best of luck in your choice, I hope you make the right one and end up wealthy.

Cheers, DD

I'll put my investor/capitalist hat on.
First question what's your risk profile, second what return do you want?

Risk profile in tiers.
Cash under mattress - least risk smallest return. You actually go backwards over time.
Cash in bank- atm not much but little risk.
Managed fund- risky but better returns
Private/public investment - shares can be high or low risk.
Private companies can give you great returns but low interest rates are killing it. Right place right time get good deal. Can do the lot but very small chance you go backwards (owing)
Lending money to friends/family/strangers- far riskiest and usually terrible returns haha.

I've rarely lost on my super but can happen. I basically put half in low yield and invest the other in high risk high return.

Most people miss obvious investment opportunities. Credit card debt, mortgage payments, preventative maintenance, extra tax advice, private company creation, salary sacrifice, low risk property (vacant land in growth area is a good example) employing someone capable (outsourcing). We get hung up on big gains but don't see the wood for the trees!

Get some accredited advice mate, not from a bloke on the Internet or over the phone.

If you have 50k to go hard the fee for guided advice will seem very small. Good luck.

Ramjet said:
I'm with you Ramjet. Here's the latest offering from DMC. An American company bought the name along with a boatload of parts and monocoques that were left gathering dust in the factory in Ireland when it went pear shaped. Actually I think that happened because of cocaine and hookers. Lol[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Hoyb4ueNh2s[/video]

Land is one of the best investments with the world population set to double in 25 years , but you may have to go out west to get much for $50 k , can still find the odd do er upper in little towns , but it could be a long wait for a return unless the government throws a dart on the map and want to house refugees there.
In my position I would buy drought affected cattle and put some fat back on them , stand the chance of making 30% in three months if it doesn't turn to crap , how bigs ya front lawn ? pmsl

Gold trooper said:
Ok, so if I had $40,000 to $50,000 to invest, I'm just wondering how others might do it

Mate invest it into my place. We need to finish of our front and back yard, put up a pergola, get water tanks in, and build a front fence. This would improve our place that is only 3 years old, by many thousands of dollars and increase your investment by a third at the same time. Property is always a good bet. :D
wombat ;)

Latest posts