I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i took a week off work and headed down to Margaret river are looking for some garnets in the rock We found some nice ones which i will post up very soon.
I also did some detecting around the area for relics and i found quite a few interesting items....

This was found in an old paddock that was marked "Police" and a broard arrow on the old maps. Im blown away its in good condition still. Even the pin is still there.
image by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

After a careful clean with soft brush and water..

More to come from this trip...

A few more random finds from around...

310 cadet live round, handed into police . Spewin in a way as its a very old round

These 2 1930's english padlock keys. Apparently these are collectable..

front end of an old toy car..

Something Carrage Co

Well last day of detecting i went up to my WW1 training area and i found this........ Can you see it in the hole...
In the hole! by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Here it is closer up...
A Original British/Australian WWI Vickers Gun and Lewis Gun Spring Scale I found today metal detecting by Marc Russo, on Flickr

A Original British/Australian WWI Vickers Gun and Lewis Gun Spring Scale by Marc Russo, on Flickr

A Original British/Australian WWI Vickers Gun and Lewis Gun Spring Scale by Marc Russo, on Flickr

The area im detecting is also known for gold so at first i thought it was a portable gold scale. I put the info up on facebook and found out exactly what i discovered....

F. A. Whitney Carriage Company

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The F. A. Whitney Carriage Company in Leominster, Massachusetts is named after Francis Austin Whitney, who founded the company in 1858 with his cousin Francis Wolfe Whitney. They were the first manufacturers of baby carriages in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F._A._Whitney_Carriage_Company

tailormarc said:
No idea what this, could be a lipstick lid but is but apparently DRGM is a registered design of the German Reich WW1 & WW2
See link.... http://www.toledo-bend.com/VCL/info_2/drgm.html
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4661/40528713872_34b10832b9_c.jpgUntitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4613/25700615937_7fafcf4bfe_c.jpgUntitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

DRGM & DRP

The acronym D.R.G.M. with or without punctuation stands for Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster, meaning that the design or function of an item was officially registered inside all of the Germany states and not only locally registered as it was the case before the introduction of centralized registration. Note that many people quote this acronym as standing for Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster, which is grammatically wrong and also ommits the letter 's' after Reich. This results in shifting the weight of pronounciation on 'Deutsches Reich' alone, but this acronym has nothing to do with the Third Reich as many sellers want to imply so to catch the attention of certain 'collectors'.

D.R.G.M. registration was introduced 1891 and if you are dating items you should hold in mind that even during Allied occupation up until 1949, registration procedures remained untouched and still used the D.R.G.M. registration documents, which of course explains why D.R.G.M. marks can be found on products actually manufactured up until 1952 as the registration itself was valid for three years. As from the end of October 1952, all registrations were definately marked with 'Deutsches Bundesgebrauchsmuster' (D.B.G.M.) or simply with 'Gebrauchsmuster' or 'Gebrauchsmusterschutz', see below.

As already noted, the D.R.G.M. registration offered a basic copyright protection for the duration of three years and included the right to indicate the item status by marking the registered items with the D.R.G.M. acronym. It was left to the registration owner to include the registration number as the D.R.G.M. marking alone was the element with legal character. The actual result of such a registration (the form of protection) was called Gebrauchsmusterschutz.

D.R.G.M. registered products were protected either for their way of intended use or design only and this did not include patent protection. Patent rights were secured by applying for a Deutsches Reichspatent (D.R.P.), so even if many people use the term 'D.R.G.M-Patent' it is factually wrong. Reason for this mix-up was that the D.R.G.M. registration in colloquial language was also known as 'kleines Reichspatent' which literally stands for 'small Imperial patent' but actually was meant as 'poor people's patent' and made fun of the fact that many manufacturers could not afford the fees needed to register a full patent. One should take into count that German patent registration fees (as was openly criticized during the year 1906) where two and a half times higher than in England - and 36 (!!!) times higher than in the US.

Google works for me.

Well this find from Wednesday night had me stumped. I went to a park which is located just outside my suburb, semi rural and the oval i detected is pretty old so i was hoping for old stuff. The oval is used for polo and lots of horse riding stuff. I didn't find too much but i found this..... A one dollar coin sanded smooth and all the outer edges sanded off and rounded. Up until now i couldn't figure out what it was for until now. I was thinking it might be used as a washer or a kids coin to tie string on to rip off vending machines.
I had a message from a lady saying she knows exactly what it is. They call them Rowels for or Riding Spurs (non sharp) to go on instead of the sharp ones. Still hurt the horse into moving quick . Not an old find but still interesting.Well i learn something new everyday...

Found this in the middle of a big oval. Turns out its been made to use as a sper on your heel for kicking the horses. Not sharp like old days. Still must hurt the horse by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Found this in the middle of a big oval. Turns out its been made to use as a sper on your heel for kicking the horses. Not sharp like old days. Still must hurt the horse by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Latest posts