I think the world has finally gone mad!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyGoldAu said:
Oh oh...here comes brokeback mountin.. :eek:
JEALOUS MUCH(ha).
You do realise we're on opposite sides of the Planet here Gypsy ? :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
Yep, crazy, and now we've got our new Australian of the year, David Morrison who must be having a 'i'm no longer important and getting any media coverage day' saying that we need to stop calling females guys, fair enough, but as an old bastard, both my wife and i get called 'guys' just about everytime we buy a coffee at an inner city trendy cafe. It annoys us because it sounds so American, not because of our gender!
And we shouldn't call women girls, shite, heaven forbid, or say we shouldn't say 'i'm not your mother' because its gender based and offensive? What, to mothers?

Go back into the bloody army and do some good instead of supporting a ridiculous politically correct fringe element trying to get some airtime because they are feeling neglected and have nothing better to do with their lives except trying to change everybody else.

Words shouldn't offend if there is no intent or harm intended. But if they do offend then the individual victim should call it out on a one on one basis without the need for some dogooders telling us all what we can or can't say within the bounds of common decency and respect for others.

Oh god! Don, t start me on Morrison!!!
As an ex soldier I feel I should have my say. That poor excuse as a General, Morrison, hit retirment age and realised that he wouldnt be remembered for anything, he was in A real Generals shadow, Cosgrove.
So he tried to stir some PC crap before he retired. He made a comment that we, Australians , should move on from the ANZAC, s and that the ANZAC Legend should be forgotten, as it wasn, t inclusive enough, and that recruiting soldiersfrom ethnic backgrounds was suffering because of it. What a load of crap. I served with blokes from all backgrounds, Phillipino, Greek, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese, South African, Polish, English, Kiwi, and thats just off the top of my head, and they were all my brothers, and they were all pround to be labelled ANZAC, s and Aussies.
Morrison also was the head hunter in the Jedi Knights scandle, where a few sexist e mails circulated. A bloody good Lt Col was sacked over it, he hadn, t even opened the e mails, but because he didn, t delete them, his career was over, sacked. I have at work now, well over 280 unopend e mails.
Well, he got what he wanted sooo badly, he got recognition. Australian of the year.....surley there must have been better to choose from than that turd.

rant over.

davent said:
SCROUNGER said:
Yep, crazy, and now we've got our new Australian of the year, David Morrison who must be having a 'i'm no longer important and getting any media coverage day' saying that we need to stop calling females guys, fair enough, but as an old bastard, both my wife and i get called 'guys' just about everytime we buy a coffee at an inner city trendy cafe. It annoys us because it sounds so American, not because of our gender!
And we shouldn't call women girls, shite, heaven forbid, or say we shouldn't say 'i'm not your mother' because its gender based and offensive? What, to mothers?

Go back into the bloody army and do some good instead of supporting a ridiculous politically correct fringe element trying to get some airtime because they are feeling neglected and have nothing better to do with their lives except trying to change everybody else.

Words shouldn't offend if there is no intent or harm intended. But if they do offend then the individual victim should call it out on a one on one basis without the need for some dogooders telling us all what we can or can't say within the bounds of common decency and respect for others.

Oh god! Don, t start me on Morrison!!!
As an ex soldier I feel I should have my say. That poor excuse as a General, Morrison, hit retirment age and realised that he wouldnt be remembered for anything, he was in A real Generals shadow, Cosgrove.
So he tried to stir some PC crap before he retired. He made a comment that we, Australians , should move on from the ANZAC, s and that the ANZAC Legend should be forgotten, as it wasn, t inclusive enough, and that recruiting soldiersfrom ethnic backgrounds was suffering because of it. What a load of crap. I served with blokes from all backgrounds, Phillipino, Greek, Italian, Vietnamese, Chinese, South African, Polish, English, Kiwi, and thats just off the top of my head, and they were all my brothers, and they were all pround to be labelled ANZAC, s and Aussies.
Morrison also was the head hunter in the Jedi Knights scandle, where a few sexist e mails circulated. A bloody good Lt Col was sacked over it, he hadn, t even opened the e mails, but because he didn, t delete them, his career was over, sacked. I have at work now, well over 280 unopend e mails.
Well, he got what he wanted sooo badly, he got recognition. Australian of the year.....surley there must have been better to choose from than that turd.

rant over.
I think his original Australian of the year acceptance speech says about all you need to know about Morrison Davent. A man that seems to be looking externally for a populist cause to fight for instead of ignoring one under his nose, and that is standing up for the foot soldiers (past and present) that do the dirty work for this country that seem to get ignored after the shooting stops.
Perhaps getting a little too political again, sorry.

Ahhh, nice to wake up to a bran nue dae,
I always thought the main man was whoever held the portfolio for Defence (regardles of their spine or experience).(he says jokingly with a wry smile), ultimate shiny pants. :eek:

silver said:
Ahhh, nice to wake up to a bran nue dae,
I always thought the main man was whoever held the portfolio for Defence (regardles of their spine or experience).(he says jokingly with a wry smile), ultimate shiny pants. :eek:
To easy to blame the pollies when it comes to defence imo silver.
The top dogs (past and present) in the forces set the agenda i reckon silver on how the troops behave and get looked after and imo Morrison sold out the soldiers needs for the sake of popularity and relevance.
As Davent mentioned, take a look at Cosgrove and then reflect on Morrison. Chalk and cheese imo.
A new day and a new rant :lol: :lol:

Read that book about Cosgrove and cyclone Tracey in darwin, real man that fella. ;)

Latest posts