I think the world has finally gone mad!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing RR when i read silvers post. Down here in Victoria you only have to look at a young kid and say gidday and other adults are looking at you as if you're going to pinch their child. Not so much in the country though, mainly in the cities.
People getting killed for simply stepping in and trying to help people in trouble seems to be the latest thing.
So much aggression towards others, i don't understand it.

Ridge Runner said:
silver said:
I met a youngish couple the other day when I walked their young fella home with his dummy still in his mouth,Mrs S spotted him (mothers instinct) and I told him that I would walk home with him ,... he was around 15-18 months old and was standing by himself on a busy corner next to the highway looking at the traffic like he was going to cross the side road off the highway, I asked him if he knew where he lived, and we both walked off together, the first house we went to no one was home, so I eyeballed him and said if you don't live at this house, which one is yours, so off we went again to the next house, the one with the driveway gate open, so out the back we went with me co-eying to find his Dad out the back, rest of the family inside and no one the wiser that the young fellow was even gone at all ,... but very happy to get him back ,... I'd recon they'd all be happy that I wasn't Harambe (or Rolf Harris for that matter) ,... I guess there is a potential difference between us and the Monkeys and Apes after all ,... made us all feel good to have been that little fellows gaurdian angels in his time of need (even if he did know the way home). ;)

Nice story, But over here you have to be very careful doing that sort of thing, because of political correctness and the like of Rolf Harris, for the past 10 or 15 years I have always made sure to get the attention of another adult before I walk up to a child like that, Here it can backfire in a big way, to the point now where most adults will not get involved and because of this PC we are now putting others at risk. It's sad but true,

John

How did we go from ape, and kid...to pedos cruising?

Yes, soon we,ll all tire of gorillas in the midst, and migrate back to our picks and shovels, setting our pitchforks aside once more till the next violent arousal of our senses has us all reaching for them again to amplify our voice of one against the inherent evils of the world that we find thrust between us and the next find (or beer). ;) :p :D :lol:

rocketaroo said:
Ridge Runner said:
silver said:
I met a youngish couple the other day when I walked their young fella home with his dummy still in his mouth,Mrs S spotted him (mothers instinct) and I told him that I would walk home with him ,... he was around 15-18 months old and was standing by himself on a busy corner next to the highway looking at the traffic like he was going to cross the side road off the highway, I asked him if he knew where he lived, and we both walked off together, the first house we went to no one was home, so I eyeballed him and said if you don't live at this house, which one is yours, so off we went again to the next house, the one with the driveway gate open, so out the back we went with me co-eying to find his Dad out the back, rest of the family inside and no one the wiser that the young fellow was even gone at all ,... but very happy to get him back ,... I'd recon they'd all be happy that I wasn't Harambe (or Rolf Harris for that matter) ,... I guess there is a potential difference between us and the Monkeys and Apes after all ,... made us all feel good to have been that little fellows gaurdian angels in his time of need (even if he did know the way home). ;)

Nice story, But over here you have to be very careful doing that sort of thing, because of political correctness and the like of Rolf Harris, for the past 10 or 15 years I have always made sure to get the attention of another adult before I walk up to a child like that, Here it can backfire in a big way, to the point now where most adults will not get involved and because of this PC we are now putting others at risk. It's sad but true,

John

Someone mentioned Rolf. :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
I was thinking the same thing RR when i read silvers post. Down here in Victoria you only have to look at a young kid and say gidday and other adults are looking at you as if you're going to pinch their child. Not so much in the country though, mainly in the cities.
People getting killed for simply stepping in and trying to help people in trouble seems to be the latest thing.
So much aggression towards others, i don't understand it.

The stupid part about it is they bring out new laws if a person fails to report or be a witness to such things and yet they also put us in line for all kinds of legal trouble if we do get involved.

Over here the only people I talk too is my detecting mates and my Son and the Doctor other than that I stay well away from everyone, The last person who Peed me off didn't fair too well. I gave em at leased 3 chances to walk away and so I walked away their mistake was to follow me,

john

I for one blame the media for most of the madness in the world today as they seem to love covering stories of a controversial nature whether it should be or not just to get ratings. Can't really blame them as its business but they do seem to be on the crazy s side most of the time. I geuss that's why most of us do what we do and get out the bush or park or wherever to hunt for what we do. Gives us all a bit of a chance to forget the crap and enjoy what life should be about

rocketaroo said:
Ridge Runner said:
silver said:

John

I'm blaming silver and RR:lol: :lol: :lol:

Geez, i've been whining for around 8 hours so far today. I have to come on here and rant some days because my wife just walks away when i start bitchin lately :lol: :lol: :lol:
So thanks for those of you who have put up with me, my wife says thanks as well :lol:

Your on the money when you mentioned Nannie state ideologies Scrounger, I haven't read all posts and don't want to. If it was a child of a nannie state loonie who ended up in the enclosure would have they remained calm & rational I doubt it very much. Kids are kids and no matter how diligent their parents might be you can't wrap them in cotton wool, it serves them no good if you do. Balance of nature & we're a part of it. That's why people young & old get bitten by spiders, snakes, scorpions or smacked in the head by a magpie during spring. A few years ago in WA a little girl (10 or there abouts) lost her eye to a magpie whilst riding her bike as she'd done before in the care of her parents or grandparents, balance of nature at work nothing more nothing less.

Bjay said:
Where's Tim when we need him most?
He's been lurking in the background i think Bjay.
I miss him and his rants; he was usually often over the top and pretty predictable in a nice kind of way, but certainly never dull, and never nasty towards people on this forum from what i saw.

Proved a theory
1464865460_image.jpg

Talkin bout nanny states.. this in the local paper yesterday as well. The council don't do their job around here, this bus driver was just filling in his time to then get slammed with ohs warnings and bs preventing him doing it anymore. Think it even made it to the 7news today.

1464910034_screenshot_2016-06-03-09-20-32-1.png

rocketaroo said:
we can blame the USA for all this liability shite, plus the insurance companies getting fat off it.
Yep, the land of the free (but not so much the brave) where most seem to think there is always somebody else who they can pass the blame onto and sue.

Latest posts