I need to go back to bed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger58

Peter Diggins
Reaction score
So it's Sunday morning and a traditional day of rest and relaxation and so far this morning it has been upsetting.

I read four kids killed and one critical by an alleged drunk driver in Sydney's west. Shocking to say the least.

I also read that multiple mass fish deaths have been occurring in NSW still.

I switched to see something else on PA and see a member lost a friend.

It just struck me that these incidents were all innocents. That makes it very hard to take in.

I felt the need to say something, so apologies if this has affected your day too, not my intent. Stay well peoples.

Appology accepted , reading your post was the first thing i done this morning .

It wont ruin my day , im alive , i dont live in Iraq, india or china , the birds are singing , theres no smoke in the air , its Sunday and i can choose my days activities in my free will.

If you want to slide into depression , you just keep focusing on the little negitives , there are always positives.

1 billion families travelled by car in the last 48 hours and survived.

Australias fish have fought a strong battle and thankfully theres big dams on the river otherwise the river would have been totally dry for 6 or more years and no fish would be alive

Meeting great mates is the greatest joy in life be sure to make use of everyday you can, letting them go hurts, but great people live on through the people they have touched.

Keep your chin up , we are Aussies isnt that reason enough to smile every morning ?

Nightjar said:
We tend to not watch the TV news, it is a rare event to see happy news. Are we a morbid lot and the media feeds us doom and gloom or just the opposite normaly happy outlook until the media bring us down?
I agree NJ, I use to watch the news all the time and I stopped watching it just before Christmas and I am a lot happier person because of it,

I never realized that watching the news was making me such an Angry Ole Fart, I'm not a young bloke but I was at the point where I would fight at the drop of a hat with no regard or limitations, Since then I have bought the MPV and I went and got the Camper conversion last week, I just went and stocked it up with food for my Trip I just planned out yesterday.

Since I stopped watching the news I have achieved more in the past 6 weeks than I have in the past year. :Y: :Y:

J.

I've been of the opinion for years that news these days is not "journalism".

It's laziness jumping on rubbish non stories as they happen instead of chasing up good & interesting events/stories.

I have an internal radar that switches off when I hear "breaking news".

Same as trending on "social media". :N:

GR

I turned the TV off almost 10 years ago. Still have one but that's now only used when Bathurst is on. I am now a much happier person for not inflicting upon my poor brain the absolute drivel that now passes for news and entertainment and the papers are just as bad.

Turn the TV off, stop reading the papers and your life will be magic to match the Country we live in

:perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :) :) :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

I just switched on the TV and flick through the channels and the news channel came up with a story about "South London Attack", I waited to see where it was and It turns out it is within a Mile from my House,

Just goes to show no news is good news and is a prime example of why I have stopped watching the News, :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N: :N:

J.

G'day

There is so much going on in the world these days and a lot of it is not good, I believe that it is bad mentally and emotionally to watch daily news broadcasts as it can effect the way we think and feel in general about life, a lot of the problem these days is that they don't pull any punches with what they are willing to show no matter how disturbing or graphic it may be, and they are happy put any garbage to air just to get the ratings, and its also sad to see how people want to make money from the pain of others and its shows just how morally corrupt and greedy for money our society has become.

One of the things I like the most about when I go away bush is that for the whole time away I don't watch or listen to the news at all, and I always feel calmer and less worried about whats going on in the world and I am just able to go with the flow of day to day life in the bush without any of the outside crap to think about, sure I occasionally I like to hear about the general interest sort of articles when I am home but as for the hatred and violence I can do without knowing about that.

The simple solution is if this sort of crap that passes for news disturbs you then just don't watch it, whether you do or not will change nothing as things will just go on as they do regardless of what you and I think.

cheers

stayyerAU

Since this started At 13:58 GMT it is the only thing that has been broadcast on Sky News and the BBC, I don't know why the reporters become like Frenzied Drug Addicts at a Free Drug Convension,

This happened right near my local Lidl / Aldi's shop and within 30 mtrs from the police station, Which is across the road from the Ambo's as the Camera pans round,

Crazy thing about it even though it is just up the road I just don't give a ****, To me it's another A** hole off the streets, The sad part is that I actually feel like that, and that's not normal,

I spent the day watching youtube video's on camper conversions and of places to visit making a list, I went to the shops again and bought some more supplies and now I have enough for about 2 months and all I need to buy is Eggs, Bacon and some Salad bits and pieces, about a dozen Jars of Coffee and a few Kgs of Sugar and I'm set to hit the road,

The World can do what it likes I am going to enjoy my travels, :Y:

WATCHOUT Dude On the Loose :playful: :playful: :playful: :playful: :playful:

J.

Latest posts