I must be insane

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All.

Well i think i may have lost my mind. After wanting to go gold and coin hunting for years. I decided to start doing some research and today I bought an minelab equinox 800 with a 6inch coil. I have no idea how i will end up going and know I have a lot to learn but I'm kind of excited. I have a YouTube channel which i haven't touched in 6 months due to personal reasons but want to get back into doing it again and will hopefully include this into the channel.

I will eventually upgrade to a PI detector but until then i think the 800 was the best choice for me to learn on.

There is a lot of information on here to take in and i look forward to getting out there and putting it into use. I just have to wait for the delivery now and yes I didn't get it from Ebay lol

Boomer

I have no idea how it will be on gold but can tell you for coins etc youll be finding some great stuff.
Put a larger coil on it for coins/relics.

Thanks Guys. I was watching a guy on YouTube in the states looking for gold with the 6 inch coil and he was finding some very small pieces of lead so it looks like it picks up the smaller stuff pretty well. I have both coils i bought the 6 inch as an extra for gold. So we'll see. As soon as i get it I will take it too the beach for a test run and see what i get.

Watch Aussie videos as US ground conditions very different than ours cheers Muk.

Welcome to the nuthouse! I've done alright with the nox and 6" coil on small shallow gold but you have to use it in the right kind of ground. Try to avoid ironstone and red ground until you get the hang of it or it will drive you nuts!

Thanks Dave, I think the first place I'll try is Gympie so will have to research what type of ground is up there. But I won't try gold anything until i get a bit of a feel for it. Looking forward to finding some silver though lol

The nox squeals when you wave it over a nice big lump of silver! Turn the recovery speed down to 4 on a nice white sandy beach, you'll get heaps more depth.

Latest posts