I Made it to Clermont

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today i arrived to Clermont excited about Learning the gold fields... I guess being that i am a young bloke with a few tattoos i deserve to feel unwelcome. So far everyone i have spoke to has been extremely rude and given me the Cold shoulder - Even asking where the Closest GPA was, was an issue. Lets hope tomorrow is a better day.

Yep that sounds like Clermont :D :D :D and here I was thinking it was just me :rolleyes: Don't worry Prospector it's not the ink I think there must be something in the water up that way :cool:

i bet if ya pulled out a nice nugget and those same people seen ya doing it they'd be sucking up to ya get a good look at it!.

i dont have tatts and i dont care whom has em. do ya own thing mate and im sure you will meet up with someone.

Prospector no argument here regards the rudeness .................. in general I found the attitude to be pig arrogant sadly and to this day still not sure as to why ? Helped a local out and was rewarded with access to private land but even he admitted that the "attitude" towards people bringing some money into the town was indeed lacking. Further north is the go much more friendly................... but then in saying that not to far north where they shoot you :| Where are you staying ? Free camp ? Will send you a pm
;)
Numpty you don't show them ya nugget .................... they ask the GPA where you found it and go to gate and trace your tyre tracks to where you were swinging ........ True story :rolleyes:
Ask Tassie Daz about a reference to Clermont ? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Old hand as said not sure what the problem is but I found the same as Prospector ............... just blatant rudeness and arrogance where there was just no need for it. It was so bad that even when you asked a question as Prospector has said you almost got abused for doing so? In a town that really can do with the tourist dollar I still to this day cannot work out why the attitude is as it is. My old mum god bless her taught me many things in life and one of them was that manners are free. Did three tours in the last two months and will be going thru there again in a few days ..................... but I won't even be stopping for fuel. I prospect for the fun and enjoyment I get from it. :D

The prospector said:
Old hand dont be put off mate. Im still going to give it my all reglardless of my warm welcoming

thats the way mate do ya own thing and dont let others ruin ya day. :)

there are some very nice people about so if ya run in to anybody just say high and see what comes of it.

numpty said:
maybe we should have an annual meeting there :lol: :D :)

A few goes at that might change the attitude numpty, then again maybe not by the sounds of things. Like others have said do your own thing and as Boggers mum taught him always be polite. Best of luck with the rest of your trip I hope you find a few.

The prospector I hope you Stick it to them and take home a big nugget no need for rudeness never judge a book by its cover I guess they don't need the money. :eek:

numpty said:
The prospector said:
Old hand dont be put off mate. Im still going to give it my all reglardless of my warm welcoming

thats the way mate do ya own thing and dont let others ruin ya day. :)

there are some very nice people about so if ya run in to anybody just say high and see what comes of it.

To true that .................. did meet some fun fellow prospectors and as they say you can't knock it till you have tried it :/

Good luck mate. Some small town people just seem to not trust anybody. There'll be some good people around. Usually the ones who are travelling. I hope it turns around for you and you get the most out of your stay. They don't shoot everyone in the far north if you want to come further up. I'll give you a couple of spots to try if you get up to the Cairns area

I spent a few days there last year, staying in the van park, and found the locals quite friendly. Maybe they thought you were going to take some gold out of the area, not something they had to worry about with us as we found nothing.

Latest posts