Hunter Valley Site help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello prospecting community,

My name is Brent and my son Kaiden (6 years old) has become obsessed with fossils. He is digging up our backyard non stop and thinks everything is a fossil. I love his enthusiasm and passion for it and have decided to make a trip from Sydney to the Hunter Valley to look for fossils. I understand there are some sites there but have had a hard time pinning down any details and am really looking for any advice or guidance in terms of location, what we could be looking for/find? Equipment needed etc. I have left this post late as i thought i would have luck calling and searching online but have not had any luck. I leave tomorrow for the trip.

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

Warm regards,

Brent Williams

Barrington or Cessnock would be my guess maybe Murrarundi and Scone areas, Newcastle to Nobbys beach along the rocks aesy walking, well was 30yrs ago when i was a kid lol.

If you ever get to Tassie take Kaiden to Mariah island...he'll love it, no vehicles allowed, camp amongst the wildlife.
Fossils galore..
Too cold in winter though.

1581914074_mariah.jpg

Latest posts