Huge Signal From Quartz Seam

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This seam of quartz in a creek gives off a massive signal on an SDC 2300 at the location of the white chip in the quartz, there is a 150mm dia bulge in the quartz at this point.
Surely this MUST be gold.
How do you get it out??

Attachments

• QUARTZ SEAM.jpg
    QUARTZ SEAM.jpg
    13.2 MB · Views: 10
Could be…… but I’ve had sulphides- arsenopyrite, chalcopyrite, pyrite- scream at me from within a quartz seem before. Never fails to disappoint.
Worth dollying it still, if you don’t see gold. There could be fine gold in there….

I found 12 oz (11.98 oz) in a bedrock shallow surface reef vein with a VLF in 1990. I hand chiseled it out with hammer & chisel and put it in my wash basin. I was not expecting to find it because I was looking for nuggets. The last time I was there was 2001 and nobody else had touched it. I do not know blasting and it could continue on down deeper? Long story but after being a full time caregiver for both of my parents, last one passed away last year. I am getting older in age but now I want to go back there and check it out further. I hope yours turns out to be a reef vein like mine was. My advice for you is I ruined it and made a mistake of getting it put it into a ball mill with mercury and into a kiln with borax to form a bar. Because it would have been worth more if kept as natural crystal specimens for a collector at auction.
P.S. I knew it was real gold and not false ground noise, not pyrite, or not trash metal because I switched over my VLF to ‘discrimination mode’ and as I remember I turned my VLF up to about 8 out of 10 discrimination and there was still a loud signal in the bedrock (hardrock). So my advice that I recommend to you is to scan over that area with a VLF in ‘discrimination mode’ to see if it is real gold, trash, ‘or’ a worthless mineral. Good luck!

Latest posts