Huge issue , need help.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting, and before I forget, a Hugh thank you to Northeast. If you received a toy each time you spent $30 and got a new one each time, you would still have to spend $900 to get a complete set.
However, if you are like me and not that lucky , it will cost a fortune.
Thanks for putting up with me :playful: :playful: :playful:
Mackka :)

I see, people are asking crazy dollars on Ebay - but doesn't mean they are getting it.

For anybody else that is interested in these things we have Sunbites Snack Crackers, Orange Juice, Milo, Kiwi Boot Polish and Dettol Hand Wash.

Free to a good home (or even a bad one :rainbow: )

These "collect the full set" type incentives, to buy a product or shop at a particular retail chain have been around since multi store outlets and national supply chains have been around. I remember back in the late 70s Tiptop bakeries had a cartoon pirate themed card promotion. One card in the bottom of each plastic bagged loaf of bread. Caused ever kid at my school to pester their mothers to buy tiptop brand. And also had the added effect of a lot of the bread being ruined by kids trying to reach the card in the bottom of the loaf before their siblings :| The cunning marketers at TipTop also made a lot less of certain cartoon pirate cards than others, so mum was forced, due to constant lobbying by the kids, to keep buying tiptop to increase the chances of a complete set :trophy: :money: I also remember the trading that went on on the school bus on the way home. Not unlike the floor of the NY stock exchange :) Does anyone remember "The Goodies" british TV show skit advertising a free cornflake with every packet of plastic astronauts :playful:

Looks like an inside job to me Grubsteak, I would , if I was going to sell them, at least recover my expenses i.e. $900 minimum or am I missing something?
Mackka

Mackka said:
Looks like an inside job to me Grubsteak, I would , if I was going to sell them, at least recover my expenses i.e. $900 minimum or am I missing something?
Mackka

You did buy $900 worth of groceries remember lol not $900 worth of :poop:

If they really are selling for this much you can only put it down to hysteria as there are plenty available for around $135.

Thanks Pete.
Another item I cannot buy anymore and have considered making my own is, McCanns Sweet Potato Wedges.
I know they are American so maybe something happened to the potato crops this year.
Mackka

Just an update if anyone needs the following:
1 x Leggo's Bolognese Sauce
1 x Kiwi Polish
1 x Oak Chocolate Milk
1 x Birdseye Potato Gems
2 x Huggies
3 x Colgate
2 x Daily Juice
1 x Weet-Bix
1 x Sunbite
1 x Vapor Rub
1 x Coles Banana
1 x Vanish

Thanks again to Grubsteak, Northeast and Keitzy.
Now I only need Nescaf Gold and Lipton Tea Bag.
Send me a pm if anyone needs my spares and I will put them in the post.
Cheers
Mackka

heey heeey I has those!!! but man I can't seems to find the coke ?

1535844351_paint_turtle.jpg

I apologise Mackka young mate across the road gave his spares to his cousin (just missed it :mad: ) neither were prepared to swap for sapphire rough but the mums reckon they have a way with feeling em through the bags. Both kids now have full sets but not the spares you need.

Was reading in the news yesterday that Coles employees have been caught pinching and hoarding entire boxes of the minis, plus the even harder to get folders. They say it has been widespread throughout the stores, would be interesting to track eBay accounts back to them. :mad: :N:

AussieChris said:
Was reading in the news yesterday that Coles employees have been caught pinching and hoarding entire boxes of the minis, plus the even harder to get folders. They say it has been widespread throughout the stores, would be interesting to track eBay accounts back to them. :mad: :N:
This had to be happening because the complete sets were on eBay far to quickly for people to have collected the whole set by making grocery purchases of $30.

Macka I spoke to the missus, shes pretty sure we have those two.
Let me know if ya still need them or the sister in law has them up on eBay for $5 each if you want to look there.
Cheers

Latest posts