Howdy from Tas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time I've been in this forum, thought I better give a shout.

I'm a school teacher down here in Tas, itching to find some of that southern yellow stuff :D

Been interested in the idea of mining and prospecting for a long time. Heck, I'm even writing a kids' book on it which you can have a look at here http://lukewebster.net/?page_id=27

Currently working on a wooden sluice box that I built while waiting for a 36" Prospector Bazooka Gold Trap to arrive from the U.S.

Cheers

Hi Hurg,

Sluice is a wise thing to have in Tas. I'm prospecting some new areas around Lisle. Probably going to hit Tobacco Creek soon.

I miss my Highbanker on the mainland.

Welcome to the forum Hurg. The Apple Isle contingent is steadily growing and many members down your way are very successful. We spend a lot of time in Tassie but mainly hunting for sapphires, agates and petrified ferns.

Hope the forum is of use in your research and much valuable info can be sourced within in its threads.

Best of luck and look forward to chatting on some of the topics,

Cheers Wal.

Hello Hurg,

You might want to check out the Mineral Resources Tas. website then go to prospecting. Using a sluice in Tassie will get you in trouble. I'm up north, still getting a bit of colour in the pan at times.
Good Luck !

Hi alwayslooking, there has been a bit of discussion regarding sluices in Tasmania, and it seems like a small, hand-fed sluice is ok for the time being, according to advice from MRT. Also you should read the prospecting licence rules carefully, paying especial attention to the grammar of the section that says no sluices are allowed.

Latest posts