newbie from Tas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a newcomer from Tassie, living in Hobart and Melbourne. Have been enjoying this new hobby for the last few months. Using a Makro Racer 2 and hoping to find some old coins but really just enjoying getting out into the bush and away from it all. Besides looking for those coins im also keen to have a crack at finding some gold one day - have been reading some gold prospecting books and gone out to Creswick a couple of times to have a look around and get a little bit of an understanding of it all. Perhaps hunting for gold should come later as not sure whether my Racer 2 has a decent chance of picking some up? Anyhow, glad to join the forum!

Welcome angus750. All the very best in your endeavors in prospecting. This is a great forum and you will get many good tips and info to help you find both coins and gold. The members are very willing to help when you ask.

Happy Prospecting :D

B n B

Welcome to the forum angus nice part of the world down there with a lot of old history as well so enjoy and I hope to get down too your part off the world later this year.
Roy

Gday mate, good to see another tasmaniac on here, even if you're only half and halfer by the sounds of it. But we won't hold that against ya!

Latest posts