How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here on the Gold Coast our weather station is located near the end of the seaway rock wall... Always 5deg cooler than it actually is due to the cooler air over water....

LW....

Nightjar said:
Jaros said:
Let's play TENNIS?????!!!! :( :( :8

Yes! They just get on with it as do their followers.
A matter of interest has anyone ever seen where these historical temperatures are recorded? Very simple exercise to cook the books. (No pun intended)

For the amount of money those guys get Id run around a tennis court in 40 deg + as well! :playful:
Dunno how long Id last before I was :skull: but Id have a crack! :eek:

I'm always busy Megsy, just having some lunch now under a tree.
I've always wondered where historical weather was recorded and how. I read farmers just took their own readings.
I'm not much of a believer in climate change as I think it's the cycle of the planet just doing it's thing.

I also think the earth revolves the sun because of electro magnetism generated in space which also contributes to hotter days.
(So many hours reading but they are just theorys. However untill we come up with a better answer I'll run with it!) :D

Licking windows said:
We have been lucky in vic during this hot weather in regards to no major bushfires. :Y:
I know that they have got a few major ones burning in tassie , any members in tassie that can give us an update?
What about the other members in other states , any fires that are of concern?
They're still going. We sent some dozers and a loader up there from work today, hard country to get into and fight them.

Dave79 said:
Licking windows said:
We have been lucky in vic during this hot weather in regards to no major bushfires. :Y:
I know that they have got a few major ones burning in tassie , any members in tassie that can give us an update?
They're still going. We sent some dozers and a loader up there from work today, hard country to get into and fight them.
Wow Dave it sounds like there pretty big but isolated in the bush away from people and property ( Im hoping this is the case) :N:
What are the temps youre Way today? We just hit 43 and its these strong winds that are a concern :(
The conditions arent as bad but its reminding me a bit like black Saturday :N: we were caught up in that dreadful day and days like today put me and a lot of other people around here on edge! :(

Licking windows said:
For the amount of money those guys get Id run around a tennis court in 40 deg + as well! :playful:

The roof is closed and the a/c on.

Redfin said:
Licking windows said:

The roof is closed and the a/c on.

Well if thats the case Id do it for half what they make! :playful:

Jaros said:
Just have to walk out, sit down. Have a serve, take an injury time then retire hurt and get $750,000 for 10 mins "work". :( :)
When you put it like that jaros Id do it for $100,000 ! :D
Then id have to have a bex ( washed down with lots of these :beer: ) and a lie down for a day or 3 . 8.( lol

Hit 45 at work today. Just got home and the most beautiful south western started 10 mins ago. Plus a storm brewing up. What better way to end a stinking hot Friday. :beer:

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :awful: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
1548392214_47.1.jpg

At least there are NO FLY,S :lol: :lol: 8.( 8.( :argh: :lol: It,s to HOT

Just hit 45 here at 3.30 oh well it's what it is fortunately for me I'm home and off the road :D :Y: no more caravans, boat's and hesitant driver's. I've gotta head to the shed and prep for a small job tomorrow morning then it'll be :beer: o'clock :Y: :). Tomorrow is forecast for 36 got a full day finishing off jobs for customers and on the truck. Then I'll head to the Goulburn River to catch up with a mate and have a crack at some Cod on Sunday with a forecast of 27 :8 bring it on I forget what the 20`s feels like :8

I was listening to the midday news report on the radio when they said it had hit 40 and that Yallourn power station had mechanical failures and wasn't running at full capacity, and that there were likely to be power outages across Vic - and right then was when my power went out!!

Two hours later it came back on - just before the temp dropped... Gotta love how our national power grid plan was meant to give us a continual supply at high peak times...
They couldn't organise a picnic on a Sunday. :mad:

The Southerly wind is starting to come in :Y: so it's pretty wild with the northerly as well clouds have been building up for the last hour or so hopefully no lightning :argh: take it easy where ever you are and enjoy Australia Day with a :beer: family and friends.

Licking windows said:
Dave79 said:
Licking windows said:
Wow Dave it sounds like there pretty big but isolated in the bush away from people and property ( Im hoping this is the case) :N:
What are the temps youre Way today? We just hit 43 and its these strong winds that are a concern :(
The conditions arent as bad but its reminding me a bit like black Saturday :N: we were caught up in that dreadful day and days like today put me and a lot of other people around here on edge! :(
Yeah, horror conditions here today but thankfully the one closest to us at Miena is in a pretty isolated area. Only one farm house burnt so far. A beautiful little west coast mining town called Zeehan is in the line of another big fire so fingers crossed that the cool change brings some rain and not just wind and bloody lightning. Hit 40 in a couple of spots in tassie today which is record breaking and the last 2 weeks of 30s have dried the fuel load in the bush.

Been sitting in the pool for the pass hour or so...

Made a early dinner...

Laying down to rest my ankle...

Hot and grumpy...

Hope everyone is staying safe,

Please remember to drink lots in this heat,

Goody :)