How we used to do things.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
painting the Harbour Bridge in 1945. Red lead primer and no harness.

1597816900_fb_img_1597816653224.jpg

Those were the good old days when you could hoist the apprentice up on the crane by his belt if he gave you any cheek!

Dave79 said:
Those were the good old days when you could hoist the apprentice up on the crane by his belt if he gave you any cheek!

;) I was one of those apprentices. the only difference was the tradies had made a steel collar which they bolted around our waist. If the cheek fitted, you got hoisted up into the clouds with the P&H crane.

limpalot said:
Used to put the lead slugs in my mouth 10-15 when using the air rifle, was a lot easier and quicker than getting them out of my pocket.
Me too,didn't stunt anyting eye thinxs :lol:

Hard Luck said:
Penny bungers. 1 Cent each at the milk bar. Mini dynamite. They'd be 6-7 of us and pool our resources. Sometimes we would have enough dosh to get 100 of them. Spend all day in the park letting them off.
Ii wonder how that would go down today? :lol: :lol:
A penny bunger inserted into a head stem of a bike or a piece of pipe and some marbles,now that's a lethal weapon :cool:

OzzieAu said:
Yep RM, I can remember riding my tredley up into the foothills of Adelaide with my .22 rifle across the handlebars.
Would come home with a few rabbits for mum to cook up.
Ah, the good ol days hey.. :perfect:
Nenad is picking up all of your slugs these days when hes looking for gold. :D

In the 70's my sisters & I would sometimes ride our horses to school on a Friday, to go stay with friends for the weekend. Their farm was on the other side of town, & sometimes it was reversed & our friends would ride to school to stay with us. We had a corral in a strip of bush about 100m wide between the school & a powerline. The council had allowed our parents to ressurect an old remnant of one from days gone by. The school provided the water.
The best part about it was that on those days we didnt get given any crap.
Any kids dishing out :poop: that week knew that the payback was a horse on their heels as they ran screaming home. :playful:
No other kids were permitted to go near the horses during school hours, but after school we would let a select group of friends pat them before we left.
Had a 2 fold consequencs tho'. Made some good friends (girls :cool:) but also some jealous enemies.

Latest posts