how small would you bother keeping?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So these pics are from this weekend and last weekends. I need to work out a better way to take some photos of them because the pictures really dont do them justice.
1411985681_img_2014092919542.jpg
1411985729_img_2014092925213.jpg

You're doing extremely well for someone just starting out on the gemstones Greg. :eek: Now you might have to buy the boss a faceting machine for her xmas present. ;)

Thanks wal. Gemstones are definitely as fun to find as the gold. Dont know why I didnt get into it sooner. Fi is hooked now too.

Greglz86 said:
Thanks wal. Gemstones are definitely as fun to find as the gold. Dont know why I didnt get into it sooner. Fi is hooked now too.
I'm trying to explain that one to a mate of mine, he doesn't see the point, but to me, gemstones are another resource you can gain some money and enjoyment off at the same time as sluicing gold in some areas too! Whenever you find a stone, its like gold, no one put it there, no one has touched it before, it's an amazing thought. Great finds mate!

AtomRat said:
Greglz86 said:
I'm trying to explain that one to a mate of mine, he doesn't see the point, but to me, gemstones are another resource you can gain some money and enjoyment off at the same time as sluicing gold in some areas too! Whenever you find a stone, its like gold, no one put it there, no one has touched it before, it's an amazing thought. Great finds mate!

Too true..... some people don't get it, and others like myself took a while to see that there was more than "gold" out there in the countryside. Love the gem hunting now and often the gratification is quicker. Easier to find gems than gold in a lot of circumstances. The only problem I have now is when i'm highbanking i'm now also looking for signs of gems which slows me down a little. I cant think of how many gems I must have thrown away in earlier days while concentrating on GOLD! My first 7 carat cutter had me over the moon, now i'm after the 10+ carat sapphire club...

Latest posts