How did I go? Finds at the Coast...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willo

Ian Williams
Reaction score
G'day

Had a somewhat frustrating day at the goldfields, found three quarters of the day that I had knocked my timings into enhance so was not detecting as deep as i wold like. However, what is more important is the learning and the upside was that Justin (my youngest) and I had a great day out. The rolls with shoulder ham at lunch we made up tasted great! My plan was to thoroughly work some digs to try and get a tiny piece or two and then venture out a little further for some less worked areas but the weather forecast and rain radar showed a huge band of cloud and rain heading due ti hit early afternoon so decided to keep a bit closer to the car, as it turned it it got very black and my detector was running noisily due the storms and the wind was so high it was hard to hear the threshold. However, the rain held of. Felt I was detecting the right areas (same kind of ground that had produced previous finds) - at one stage had a nice little hole under a root of a tree in some nice gravel that easily could have been gold but turned out to be junk.

As you can see dug lots of targets which would indicate areas hadn't been detected thoroughly of people couldn't be bothered retrieving the targets.

Friend Detectist is going down there today so I hope and his mate fare better than me. His friend is a geologist so I would be interested on his comments on the location of the gold reefs.

Time to give further thought to a new strategy to locate new ground!

Ian

1414880361_finds.jpg

Your out there giving it a go Ian, arm chair fossicking doesn't get that gold in your hands I hear(except for research), lookin like your the one to start hitting it with a detector from your picky, don't let anyone mow your lawn by not being on the go with it,...That would have just been all shallow stuff, It'll be that quiet whisper way down deep that will give you your reward(I recon).

silver said:
...That would have just been all shallow stuff, It'll be that quiet whisper way down deep that will give you your reward(I recon).

Hi Willow i have to agree with silver you got the shallow easy to find stuff

have a look at this vid https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9015
and see the slight sound he is looking for , of course if the gold is big it will just sound like shallow stuff too
cheers Ron

Digging just that little bit deeper than normal under that tree root would have seen a slight rise in blood pressure before the disappointment I bet.

Never mind mate, like you said, anyday out is a good day out!

Nice work ;)

I've had a few days like that Willo, any spot like that is worth a good going over a few times though, Enhance is still a powerful timing also, I doubt you missed anything worth getting with your experience.

Hopefully the next spot gives a few up.

A day out with the detector and Justin is gold itself, and as we all know, some days are "Iron" and some days are "Gold". I'm sure "Gold" day is not too far down the track.

Best of luck on the next trip mate.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts