Homemade DIY Shaker Table for flour gold & sulphides

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am going to start a new project building a shaker table and I don't have any plans laid out though plenty of thoughts on how I should build it, anyway I have an electric motor from a mitre saw and a variable speed controller for adjusting the rpm of the motor and that's all I have collected for it so far and plan on getting the rubber matting from Clark rubber and I was also hoping some of you guys might have built one b4 and perhaps throw me some ideas or if anyone knows where I might learn how to build one.. I will be posting pics as I build it for all to see the end result.... regards GC ;)

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/pNbL1hOKHmE[/video]
I was Thinking something like this table would do the just fine and the speed controller is to adjust the shaking speed of the table in stead of trying to get the linkage or uni offset by trial and error to achieve the correct speed I can just adjust the shaking by turning the dial.. lol well that's what I was thinking... cheers GC

greencheeks77 said:
Hello Everyone, I am going to start a new project building a shaker table and I don't have any plans laid out though plenty of thoughts on how I should build it, anyway I have an electric motor from a mitre saw and a variable speed controller for adjusting the rpm of the motor and that's all I have collected for it so far and plan on getting the rubber matting from Clark rubber and I was also hoping some of you guys might have built one b4 and perhaps throw me some ideas or if anyone knows where I might learn how to build one.. I will be posting pics as I build it for all to see the end result.... regards GC ;)

Hey mate

maybe this can help you
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWImU7CCU8g[/video]

Take note of the motor on the top here, with the offset weight.
I ratted the controller for my 12v aircon. The original cost about $17 off ebay a couple of years ago. Since the advent of quadcopters all this type of stuff has come way down in price. $4.27 now.
1447738663_camera_385.jpg

1447739076_20_amp_controller.jpg

You could mount the table on rubber mounts, or alternatively long wooden or other legs to allow the wobble.

Latest posts