Need help with large sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

Im new in this Forum, my name is Steffen and Im from Germany.

Ive some Questions about Sluice Design (long and wide) then about the riffle sparks (distance and angel).

Now I will explain my Plan, and I hope I will found some help here in the forum to resolve them.

Were we wont to run the Sluice there is unfortunately only fine gold to catch like fairy dust.

The idea is to take from the gravel plant from the horizontal classifier, the fine sand and the throughput water because only in them is fine Gold.

We would sent the Water Sand Mix to our machine, witch have funnel were we put more Water to the Sand that it run over the
Sluice.
We have about 20-30t itch hour of the Water fine Sand Mix, the thought was to work with 3 of this pump because the coast price. Then the have a high capacity 46000 l/h (12700 gallon per hour) and take only 320 watt/hour.
The use of less electricity is important for us, because the amount is not so

We would put at the funnel the out coming of the 2 pump, the water flow would be regulated with 2 water trap, one for itch pump.

The pump have a sensor, when respectively one pump is out the third pump would start automatically.
I thought to make the sluice between 31,5 and 34,6 inch large, and with a long of 13 food the machine would run about 8-10 hour at day the cycle of clean out is every evening.
The construction from sluice, was to put 3 mm deep rubber V-Mat at all the long, over the rubber mat the first 9,5 food Miners Moos and the last 3,5 food Astro Turf.
Over the Miners Moos I would put expanded metal notover the Astro Turf!??
And at last the riffles at the first 3,25 food, 8 riffles with 15 degree and the last one with more the rest of the sluice more quit about the fine Gold.
Now the Questions:

1. Must we control the incoming of the Water Sand mix to our funnel when there comes sometimes not enough sand that we put less water over the sluice and this at best with a sensor ???
2. Is the water volume per hour enough for the Sand ?
3. What you think about the choice from the pump
4. Are the dimension of Sluice OK for catch fine Gold
5. Is the Construction inside the Sluicegood or how to make it better
6. The high of riffles for this kind of project what is the best size, form
7. Witch thickness I must use for theexpanded metal and form
8. Between witch Degrees the Sluice should work for optimal results.
9. Is the interval of clean out enough andwhat you think how many kilos of concentrate we will earn every evening.

The concentrate we would let it run over self made double Jig, in the container with the metal balls there are many 1mm holes to let the water pass and like that the concentrate have 1mm size.

The concentrate from Jig would one time per week over a Holman 2000 Shaker table the choice for this model was, that the same model of table is use in Germany for fine Gold and for me important less Shipping and Tax because the firma is in Great Britain.

If it works well we hope on a amount between 2-2,5 Oz per week
I would be happy for help to find a solution how to realize this project .

G'day Steffen, It sounds like you have a bit of a project on your hands without a picture of your set up or intended setup its really hard for us to help you though all the answers you looking for are within the forum and my best suggestion would be to locate the search icon in the top left side of the page when you are logged in it looks like a magnifying glass when you find it just type in a key word or 2 and have a look around like for angles, pump size and the volume of water you will need to match the size of your setup all these things are right within your reach and once you've done that I am sure you will come to a better understanding of what you need, As for getting 2-2,5Oz per week I wish you all the best as many of us here would be envious if you were able to collect that much also remember that (fools gold) can also be easily mistaken for real gold if you don't know what your looking at.... regards greencheeks ;)

Its hard to follow as the translation is a bit incorrect , i really like a couple of phrases like " miners moos" and "itch".

Building from scratch there are no straight answers as it will be trial and error, if it was me i would build a small scale one first say 1/10 of full size and get it working efficient then simply scale it up incuding water flow and input , being smaller should make seeing problems easier .

Hi Stefen

You don't need to reinvent the wheel. There are several commercial systems that should meet your needs as complete units of you can buy the riffle system from them. Have a look at Gold rat highbankers, then gold hog mat and also look at the walbanker on this forum. The pump output will govern the width of the highbanker sluice you can operate os the litres per hour rating of the pump would also give people a better idea of what might suit. Most systems run at about 8 degrees. you will need to tune any system according to flow and feed material.
If you watch youtube for gold rat and gold hog it may help your understanding of how the systems work.

Best of luck.

Sie mssen das Rad nicht neu erfinden. Es gibt mehrere kommerzielle Systeme, die Ihre Bedrfnisse erfllen sollten, da komplette Einheiten von Ihnen das Riffle-System von ihnen kaufen knnen. Werfen Sie einen Blick auf Gold Ratte Highbankers, dann Gold Hog Matte und auch Blick auf die walbanker auf diesem Forum. Die Pumpenleistung regelt die Breite der Highbanker-Schleuse, die Sie mit der Literleistung pro Stunde erreichen knnen. Die Pumpe wrde auch den Menschen eine bessere Vorstellung davon vermitteln, was passieren knnte. Die meisten Systeme laufen bei etwa 8 Grad. Mssen Sie jedes System entsprechend dem Durchfluss- und Futtermittelmaterial abstimmen.
Wenn Sie youtube fr Goldratte und Goldschwein beobachten, kann es Ihrem Verstndnis helfen, wie die Systeme funktionieren.
Viel Glck.

Barry

Goodluck with your endeavor Steffan,
sounds like youve done quite a few sums to get to this point. Though im not sure a 36inch sluice will handle 20-30 tonnes of material each (itch) :p hour?
Even with water this seems a bit optimistic...
As has been said your probably better off buying a wash plant / large highbanker to process your material.
Also is the material you intend to run already loose or are you extracting it by hand or by machine? That will affect how much you can process a day or week.

Well done Barry by the way for translating! Hopefully this helps him out greatly. My comprehension is pretty good but even so I had to read bits a couple of times to get the context.

Best of luck Steffan.
TGW.

Hi,
yes my English is not the best.
Sorry that I answer a little later, i had trouble with my new Internet Provider now it run OK :)
Thanks for helping me.
I spoke last week with sombody in Germany how make this since 30 years, and he laugh when I told him the size of the sluice and how many I want to let run over each hour.
He mean 4 Sluice with 5m long and 50cm large, each of them would have the capacity 5max 6t/h.
And he sayed that it would be enough to make the cleanout every 2 weeks?? when the angel is good?

@ aussiefarmer
I#m ok what you write, the Problem is that the have many t/h and we would make a Bypass and the problem is the big flow of snd water.
Best would be to have so many sluices to handle 100t/h of sand water mix

Some you tube to checkout. just look at the ideas.
Manche Rhre zur Kasse. Nur die Ideen anschauen ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRneV73sgkg

Have a look at walbanker, it can be made bigger. An entire section on the forum.

Werfen Sie einen Blick auf walbanker, kann es grer gemacht werden. Ein ganzer Abschnitt auf dem Forum. Google-bersetzer verwenden, weil mein Deutsch ist schlecht.

Barry

Latest posts