Miller Table Fun

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of fun making a Miller table here and 7.62 suggested I post a few pics.

1519197998_img_6361_bin_with_drain.jpg

This pic shows a simple drain setup to empty the tub.This tap came from that joint with three balls. Cost about $5. 25mm low density polypipe fits over the end nicely, and then 25mm flexi hose fits into the poly very snugly.

1519198015_img_6364rest.jpg

This is one of two rests that go across the tub to sit the table frame on. I put a couple of screws with a bit of tubing so they locate themselves over the sides of the tub securely

1519198031_img_6366adjuster.jpg

I needed some adjustment, so I made these and put them both at one end of the table. They screw up and down through a threaded insert I hammered into undersized holes at either side of the table frame. The I made the feet with silicone and washers so that the adjuster screws can turn but the feet don't have to. Pretty happy with the way they came out :)

1519198070_img_6368bed_close_up.jpg

I used glass for the bed base and glued thin rubber conveyor belt to it. I really wanted to avoid using glue, but could think of no other way to get the rubber sitting flat enough.

1519198084_img_6369rails_and_tape.jpg

Around the bed are three aluminium rails which are just stuck in place with thin double-sided tape. I used the tape because there is no stress on these so they don't have to be held strongly. Then I ran electrical tape between the rails and the rubber to make it water tight.

1519198107_img_6379bed_with_water.jpg

Here's the table with water running. It flows very evenly, even with very low water pressure and a low angle on the bed.

I ran some material through this arvo and it worked a LOT better than it did (two days ago) when the rubber wasn't sitting flush on the glass.

There is still a problem with water not wanting to flow off the end of the rubber. It backs up a bit and 50% of the material stays at the end. Might be because the rubber has a sharp corner at the end of the table, so I'll sand it round tomorrow and see what happens. Might also be that the rubber still isn't sitting well down there, but it's a job to be done in morning sunshine. Right now I have to get a solid evening's worth of beerological taste testing done! "Oh yeah, this one tastes great! I wonder what the next one will taste like?"

Cheers,
Mike

The other thing I might be able to find a nice way to do is to put a pivot between the middle of the rest and the frame at the exit end. That way the weight is sitting on just three points. Should make it all sit better and make adjustment easier. I love this sort of thing :)

Latest posts