Home Made Rock Crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dunollyman said:
the clean up, WERE IS THE CLEAN UP???? :mad:
Lol....thanks for the reminder dunollyman.
Unfortunatly the cleanup was a bust. The material I got from the "Possum Nest" in Ophir didnt have much colour in it as you can see from the pic. Just a few micro specs after the clean out. Mind you it was only a small sample of one spot. Now that we know the crusher can do its job it just means i got a reason to get out there again.... :lol:
1395741221_crusher_cleanup_600_x_450.jpg

That's brutal (in a good way)!

What did the chain look like after the run? How much of the metal in the pan was from the crusher?

Hope your neighbours are an understanding bunch :)

ok now i want one sent to my place please its ok i have my own chain saw :p :cool: just want you to make the crusher :p

Great job!
I do agree with HeadsUp. Your next project should be a "Scrubber" It could be as simple as a drum of water with a vacumn pump on it. Modified Aquavac or such.

I am impressed though. well made.

Buying and selling on PA is restricted to our Classifieds section, which is limited to members with at least 10 legit posts on the forum. There's way too many scammers around, so we do all we can to keep members here safe.
Oh I see. Well I joined in hopes of trying to find a rock crusher for my prospecting efforts, since I was having little luck finding what I was looking for online. So, figured I'd ask others who were involved with all of this

Oh I see. Well I joined in hopes of trying to find a rock crusher for my prospecting efforts, since I was having little luck finding what I was looking for online. So, figured I'd ask others who were involved with all of this
Any crushing equipment is gonna be heavily built for maximum durability, so freight costs from Australia would likely be astronomical.

I'd be amazed if there weren't some US sources for this sort of gear. I was thinking of here actually:
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/1944-classifieds-rules-tips-read-me/but I see Steve requires at least 10 posts plus 30 days membership of his forum to access the For Sale/Wanted adverts, so he's trying hard to protect his members too!

Mebbe Craigslist/Gumtree/eBay/Amazon?

Good luck with the search.

Thanks for the potential leads and foresight about shipping costs. Yeah I really was hoping to find something compatible with a chainsaw. If I was more engineer oriented, I'd attempt something, but that isn't my forte. Thanks very much everyone

Thanks for the potential leads and foresight about shipping costs. Yeah I really was hoping to find something compatible with a chainsaw. If I was more engineer oriented, I'd attempt something, but that isn't my forte. Thanks very much everyone
Take your ideas to a local engineering workshop and get a quote. Other than that surely there's plenty of handy prospectors in the US that would welcome your business.

Welcome to PA 🍻

I built my own impact mill for crushing the quarts rock, it turns it to powder in one pass and runs from a 5" (125mm) angle grinder

253870401_1600622663626145_639537920781279000_n.jpg
240119324_1600622953626116_1473701960021841608_n.jpg
20220905_134736.thumb.jpg.b926a29b1156028bed4d2736cfb45c8e.jpg
248505774_1600623300292748_2581799182779362868_n.jpg
cheers dave

I have made one with a 5" angle grinder, works a treat, only takes a few seconds to turn rock to panable mix. the gold in species is turned into balls of various sizes. A couple of photos attacked. It's along the same lines as Daves.
This company make one, Google the link. https://edensengineering.com.au/product-category/rock-crushers/

Attachments

• Gold from Crusher 2023 (1).JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 1
Thanks guys, yeah, I see that people make them. I just know that that is beyond me. Most of the angle grinder types I saw online are out of stock. Except the cobra crusher i think it was called. But pretty spendy. But, I definitely would much more love to have the chainsaw version. I have never heard of a local engineer shop ha ha, but maybe something to look into.

Take your ideas to a local engineering workshop and get a quote. Other than that surely there's plenty of handy prospectors in the US that would welcome your business.

Welcome to PA 🍻
I suppose I need to start asking here there and everywhere 🙃

I think there is one mining supply store in my state. Perhaps they might know people who know how to make things

I suppose I need to start asking here there and everywhere 🙃

I think there is one mining supply store in my state. Perhaps they might know people who know how to make things
Sambo are you registered with local US prospecting forums 🤔 if not why not 🤔

I'm absolutely certain you will by way of local prospecting forum chat find someone who is capable of helping you get the end result your looking for. Seriously it's not that difficult, I'm not suggesting the skills required more so the means to an end by using local forums. For the sake of any future assistance we can provide can you give us your state location, I'll back it in there's people with the tools and skills to provide you with the equipment your seeking.

Again, in all my searching for a chainsaw powered rock crusher online, this site was the only one that had postings about one

Again, in all my searching for a chainsaw powered rock crusher online, this site was the only one that had postings about one
Fair enough I understand your reason. However in trying to help you simply your quest, Get involved with your local forums and ask the questions locally, it's the cheapest and quickest way to find a local supplier, it's really that simple.

To make it easier post the pictures from PA via a link.

Other than that I doubt you'll find any satisfaction. It's not rocket science.

Latest posts