Home clean up what size bilge pump for a Eldorado medium river sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says, Im looking at cleaning up some dirt at home and want to run it through my sluice with a water re-circulation system. For the type of sluice i have what would the best bilge pump at Litres/min would do the job efficiently, Im thinking over 120/litres with a tap system, and what size holes and spacing for the sprayer. Please share you knowledge on this as I would like to set it up as soon as possible.

Cheer
Havinago and Co

Ok, so I bought a 1150GPH the largest i could get at BCF, set it up but it doesnt give enough flow to allow the sluice to function correctly, so Question 1 is now would 2 of these do the job? Question 2, I tried removing the main riffles and just left the expanded mesh and carpet and it flows quite nice allowing the 1/4inch gravels to flow off, will this still catch gold?.

Cheers Havinago

You will need one with minimum of 16000 liters/hour = 266 l/min
Should have a hose output of 1,5"

For my next project I will buy this one:

-2in1 combined pump - clear and dirty water with one pump
-Clear water: low level submersible up to 1mm residual water level
-Dirty water: up to 30 mm of particle size in coarse water
-Starting of pump from water level of 10 mm already possible
-Patented suction level control by easy rotational motion
-Infinitely height-adjustable float switch
-High-quality mechanical seal for a long service life
-Ergonomic carrying handle with integrated lifting eye
-Easily reachable hose connection on the pump's topside
-Hose connection approx. 47.8 mm (G 1 1/2) AG
-Universal adapter for 25/32 mm hoses as well as 33.3 mm (G 1)
-Automatic mode for requested water level (float switch)
-Housing made of impact-resistant plastic & stainless steel shell
-ECO-Power: higher delivery rate, lower power consumption

81guagRgiYL._SL1500_.jpg

ebay,
2000 bilge pump about $40
lose the pipe across the sluice and make a header box, this way you will get direct flow and a more even flow over the sluice.
the pipe over the top will push water to one side, not allowing the sluice to work correctly

hope you get what I mean by this,
Cheers Kane

XIV said:
ebay,
2000 bilge pump about $40
lose the pipe across the sluice and make a header box, this way you will get direct flow and a more even flow over the sluice.
the pipe over the top will push water to one side, not allowing the sluice to work correctly

hope you get what I mean by this,
Cheers Kane

Yes it does push the water too one side (uneven pressure release), I thought of cutting the pipe in half and using a 'T' connector so it pushes both ways from the middle, The guy who makes these sluices in Melb suggested 2000GPH but i couldnt get one locally and learnt the hard way ($80), thats why I ask for more than 1 opinion and go with the theory of the law of averages, I will look at the 2000 for sure and if it dont work i'll use it and the 1150. Thanks for your suggestions very much appreciated.

Cheers Havinago

Latest posts