Hiya

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say gidday all and thanks for all the information and general chit chat you post on this site. I am a total amateur at detecting and have had an xterra 705 for about 6 months. I live in the beenleigh area of qld and have only found a few coins mixed with a tonne of trash. Have a week off at start of september and am heading out to try my hand at gold detecting and panning. The hardest bit is deciding where. Was thinking the gpas out warwick way or i have access to property on eastern side of mt rawdon and black snake at kilkivan. Should i just flip a coin to decide or can someone help me? Thanks again

Go choice#2 Choko.... private accessibility sounds key to exploratory rewards and adventure,... which is key either way (gold or not). :p
Welcome to the forum and good luck on the hunt. :D

We'll be waiting to see and hear what you find now Choko... always keep the exactness of spots incognito though mate (even in photo backgrounds) that way if you find the big one no one will be shadowing you for the one's that were all around it lol :Y:

Head to black snake mate.
There is gold in most of the mountain area.
Alot of mines along the road leading to the old copper smelter

Hey fellas. Good mt perry adventure but bugger all gold . Probably bout a match heads worth of specs from panning. Couldn't get my xterra to settle down enough to do any worthwhile detecting. Very frustrating! Need a lesson i think instead of just youtube and reading. Or maybe a better detector? Will see. Kilkivan next time

Threats of violence will not be tolerated on the forum regardless of the issue being discussed.
Head to black snake mate.
There is gold in most of the mountain area.
Alot of mines along the road leading to the old copper smelter
Stay outta black snake! It's all private property, fire breaks, national Park! Two generations have almost had enough of the lack of respect for private property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellas. Good mt perry adventure but bugger all gold . Probably bout a match heads worth of specs from panning. Couldn't get my xterra to settle down enough to do any worthwhile detecting. Very frustrating! Need a lesson i think instead of just youtube and reading. Or maybe a better detector? Will see. Kilkivan next time
Get permission, Kilkivan is dangerous ov late

Last edited:
How about you tell members how the people who got permission went about getting it? Threats and bluster are of zero value here.
Use the wealth of information at our fingertips, I'm sick of trespassers completely ignoring signs gates an locks. If you want information about anything mining/prospecting/fossicking try the Australian geology app (trilobite). Update the Qld prospecting map every couple days an that will show you every live/active tenement or lease including private property'

Use the wealth of information at our fingertips, I'm sick of trespassers completely ignoring signs gates an locks. If you want information about anything mining/prospecting/fossicking try the Australian geology app (trilobite). Update the Qld prospecting map every couple days an that will show you every live/active tenement or lease including private property'
That isn't at all what I asked you about. You've belly-ached all over the forum about people not getting permission, which inplies that some people can/do get permission, so I asked you to tell us how such people went about it.

You've also repeatedly posted a photo showing a spectacular amount of gold, which will only encourage more people to want to explore your area. Maybe it would be wiser to open your land to prospecting on payment of a daily rate, as others have done elsewhere?

Last edited:
That isn't at all what I asked you about. You've belly-ached all over the forum about people not getting permission, which inplies that some people can/do get permission, so I asked you to tell us how such people went about it.

You've also repeatedly posted a photo showing a spectacular amount of gold, which will only encourage more people to want to explore your area. Maybe it would be wiser to open your land to prospecting on payment of a daily rate, as others have done elsewhere?
The photo is for attention' it's not to flaunt. Spectacular🤣 amount! Your kidding right' I've explained how 2 inform yourself with the active/leases/private property through the Oz geo app, trilobite. If you want more information about how too locate spectacular amounts of gold I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge. The amount ov detailed information on that app is regularly updated and contact information is attached to the blocks/mines/leases.
I've used the recent government's geo reports n data from the app too unearth much more than what you call a spectacular amount🤭 if you can't tell that the gold in that photo is from a reef source and not kilkivan alluvial gold source' that's travelled a distance an become smooth n round' I won't waste my time explaining anymore🫡

Stay outta black snake! It's all private property, fire breaks, national Park! Two generations have almost had enough of the lack of respect for private property.
The original post is from over 3 years ago & the OP states he had access to private property there.
Simmer down or move on.

Latest posts