Hire or cheap trommel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next1m8

Chris
Reaction score
Hi all, I need to hire or buy a cheap trommel or need someone with one to come out and work with me,

Without one I'll literaly go insane

Mate i know how ya feel...i cant use such luxury...hahaha
Im hitting hard pack wash with red clay limited water my fingers tips have no print left not to mention me back.....
Ive built an old rocker box i should have pics today...you can use it wet or dry...it needs next to no water. And i built in a fluid bed/clay breaker in the header. Im testing it today with some pay dirt to check ive done me home work....hahahaha
Its just a thought its going to help me in these dryer months up here.. is all.

yobskin said:
Mate i know how ya feel...i cant use such luxury...hahaha
Im hitting hard pack wash with red clay limited water my fingers tips have no print left not to mention me back.....
Ive built an old rocker box i should have pics today...you can use it wet or dry...it needs next to no water. And i built in a fluid bed/clay breaker in the header. Im testing it today with some pay dirt to check ive done me home work....hahahaha
Its just a thought its going to help me in these dryer months up here.. is all.
Look forward to seeing these pics Yobskin, i'm bloody intrigued mate :)

Yea I think a rocker box would be a good little portable addition for processing without all the noise...

I saw one somewhere fitted with a bladder pump so when you rocked' it worked the pump to give a flush of water, can't remember where tho' might be a good build thread.

I need something that's a little stronger and can lift and drop material faster and process quicker

It's a good idea if your only proccesing smaller amounts

Next1m8 said:
I need something that's a little stronger and can lift and drop material faster and process quicker

It's a good idea if your only proccesing smaller amounts

How much are you looking to process?
One man can easy process 20 buckets through the rocker..2man 40+...
The rocker classifies and breaks clay just like a hb.

There are 3 of us my hb does a bucket every 20 seconds but I need a Trommel to pre classify getting something like this that I'll hardly use is pointless

Around 6000. Brand new! trommel has a hopper powered by 12 volt ...i think he is advertising it in gympie gumtree?

mate i would be slowing it down and enjoying the ground, you can only process what you cna when it comes to clay material and a trommel wont always do what you want. in fact most blokes get one thinking they will break up the clay and are often disappointed.

You need a combination of really hard water pressure and enough room for water to run off without impeding the jets cleaning power, if you dont have enough runoff you basically get a frothy mud soup with little washing ability.

Best thing you cna do to improve your current situation is get some fine metal expanded, and reverse it so it cuts mud away as your material falls back towards your grizzlies. you can pickup a piece from camerons 900 x 900 just walk into the shed (left door) immediately. on your right you'll see the cuts. cut a piece to fit your hopper and use v ribb under this. now you can scrub your material by hand against this to break up clay.

get rid of your side ways spray bars mate and you'll never look back, one bar throught the middle with 2mm slots will smash any clay to bits.

Turns out that it's not even really clay it's more just build up of layers of sands tightly packed together, I want a Trommel to lift and break the rocks and wash them off properly before they hit the sluice, someone else has been out there and have nice clean rocks in there tailings I'm assuming due to having a good wash plant and trommel sluice setup

Honestly I thought to myself, "I wonder" looks like someone very meticulous and well planned had been here, Golddig lol jokes

Can I see a pic of what you run man?

haha funny fuker... :)

seriously thought.... some guys have been digging holes everywhere around and area I'm working everywhere but where the gold is lol bastards didn't fill any of their holes in either.
this is my big beast lol nah this is little cleanup hb
1432620086_20150406_120622.jpg

you know this spot :)

1432620162_20150201_105013.jpg

this is what you want - notice the material gets bashed back up tyo the top of the hopper gold settles throught the expanded underneath into the ribb. works a treat for breaking gold out of specimens too that would possibly float on down out of the sluice.
1432620197_20150322_111532.jpg

Latest posts