highbanking in Daylesford?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max power

joe
Reaction score
Hi guys Im after some info on highbanking in Daylesford. Ive searched the forum and online but Im still not clear which creeks I can prospect in. I want to make sure I do the right thing. Can you please help? Joe

hi max
you can go in sailors creek, and at eganstown you can go in champagne gully, butterfly gully (road is a bit tricky though in spots)

but not in wombat, spring or deep creek or jim crow.

sailors creek has good access to spots but the gully is steep in spots and full of blackberrys.

you find more garnets and zircons (i think) than gold usually.

there is a guide book at daylesford tourist info by stephen barnham ...maps roads and info about above spots.

thats the info i have been given anyway.......check with local rangers anyway

Geeza73
Thanks for the info I was in Daylesford on the weekend and got the book you recommended.

Daylesford has some great spots to prospect takes time to find any decent volume but put.some.time in and you will do alright. I could show you some good spots but yoir a month late because the water has come up too high.

james900 said:
Did you have any luck max? Any water in the creeks?

Hi james I did find a few colours not to many but enough to take the highbanker for a run and there is a lot of water.

G0lddigg@ said:
Daylesford has some great spots to prospect takes time to find any decent volume but put.some.time in and you will do alright. I could show you some good spots but yoir a month late because the water has come up too high.
Hi G0lddigg@ thanks for the feedback yes the water is quite high it would be great to hear from you when the water drops.

Latest posts