highbanker waterflow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do you guys think this is to much water flow??
defiantly to much flow on the second sluice but the first one

1527740251_15277401845241374168138.jpg

At a guess, yes. Very hard to tell in photos, I run my 2.5hp about 35% revs using 40mm for a wild reference.

Yes it is.
Looking at the riffles,
You have " Rooster Tails " over the top of them.
Adjust your angle and flow rate so you have about 10 mm of water over them
and not breaking up like it is.

I'm a supporter of tossing in a door brush or a piece of mat in the back of the sluice run after the fluid bed to flatten out the flow especially if you are using dream mat/gold hog/keene miracle mat that all love the water. Knock those white horses back a bit and you will probably be right, it's just a bit jumpy right now, especially for sluicy stock riffles/expanded mesh, but at the same time, you can run most setups faster than you would imagine, fast is fine as long as its smooth. I have that same banker btw.

1527746488_highbanker_bubble_brush_1_-482x600.jpg

If there is no major head height and distance involved in the set up, perhaps...
to be honest I cant say as my banker has a different trap method.
But, more pitch can mean less water needed, and flatter more water in some cases.
I adjust mine either way after a few shovels, and have a look, caking/ clogging, drop the angle or up the revs, stripping it empty to much back the revs or angle down.

But if im putting dry hard dirt in the hopper, I like to have jets going hard to break it up quicker, so I increase the revs and drop the angle a bit. Creek gravel wet is generally easily stripped clean, thus I dont need a lot of water pressure.
I do beleive the flow waves should look more even across them but.

how oftern do you guys do a clean out this ground has a lot of iron stone and my going to be doing a recirc set up if i can work out how to :)

If I try a new spot, and happy with the depth and volume, 45mins. Admittedly mine is very quick to strip and clean up to go again. One pan of concentrates to clean up.
No point digging in the wrong spot for hours, then you could even wonder about the angle and water volume etc.
This can depend on your units cons amount too, some hold heaps and take ages to muck around with.
Every 2 hours I like to stop and have a break and a peek.
but really it should be able to be run all day regardless if set up right I think.
The gold should alawys be able to push the iron stone out of its way.
If it is choked with iron stone, set up maybe incorrect.

i got a 60 to 70 kg sample of unclassified material and run it throughthe banker and got this.
im very happy as i some times go 4 hours to get the same yella so im keen to rig up a recirculation setup and give it a good days out there to see what i get..

1527829631_15278296037751685062707.jpg

mudgee hunter. thats a sick build. the unclassified material is realy that big. but very dirty so ill need to run maybe 3 tubs of water to help the sediments to settle before i pump the water back through the highbanker

Latest posts