Highbanker Build

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Thursday-Friday) marked out holes on the rocker box so it can classify. I cut two aluminium strips to hold the rocker box to make the rocker box a 45 degree angle to the sluice box. Made the end bit on the rocker box.
To do list:
Drill all holes on the rocker box so the end bit can be the classifier.
Drill the hole for the hose can go at the top.
Cut the expanded mesh to the right size.
Make 4 metel legs.
Get the Baylis matting.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks.

Yea can't wait I'm going to try and get most things done tomorrow such as rivet the aluminium strips to the rocker box to the sluice box, get the legs on and most probably drill the holes in on the rocker box. Will keep all updated tomorrow.

Alright guys I've got the Highbanker home now I finished building at school so I decided to build the rest at home. I will try and get some pics up soon. Any pumps that anyone would recommend to get from bunnings?

Hey Fossicking Kid,
Great to read about your HB.
As for your water pump, Bunnings is a good place to start, go there and check out the pumps and get an idea of size and weight but there are other avenues.
Type in water pumps into the search engine of the forum, there is 4 pages of information.
Have a look around as there are options, when you find the pump that you like, Google it, it may have some bad revues.
Personally, I went for a Genquip and they are based in Sydney.

Research is the key.

Peter. :cool:

Hey pjg100 yea it should be a great HB. I should be going to bunnings within the next week and will be buying some stuff for the HB and will definitely looking at pumps and hoses etc. I will have look for pumps on here thanks and will look for that brand thanks.

Pump looks very similar to my Thornado 2.5hp. So I think yes, as long as its doing around the 200+ litres per minute. At that price its not a hard decision. While the Honda wx15 is always going to be better, lighter etc, the price puts a lot of people off buying the better one if ur only a hobby user half a dozen times a year out in highbanker territory.

1413264644_image.jpg

1413264660_image.jpg

1413264683_image.jpg

1413264706_image.jpg

1413264883_image.jpg

I have expanded mesh in now with black matting it looks pretty good now. Sorry I haven't taken any pictures of the mesh :( but will get some up next week.

it looks good, hehe those holes are dedication right there! you will catch lots of fine gold with that. but do consider the possibility of a nugget bigger than 1/8" mate. Its rare but you will never know.

Yeah I might do some bigger holes on the front row then. And oh my goodness drilling those holes took for ages and the noise :eek: and my home made clips to hold down the bread crate lol. What else do people think I can change on this HB?

The sides on the hopper will need to be bit higher to put the spray bars on. You will get very wet shoveling in to it otherways. Is the height of the hopper adjustable? Good job TFK. I am sure you will catch some yellow with it. :)

Holy Aluminium Batman! I don't want to sound like the grumpy old know it all prospector mate, I love the fact you're having a go, but I reckon your going to find those drill holes are going to have real trouble with blocking up no matter what sort of material your running. It's a bit of an art trying to get the top classification set up right (heck I'm still designing and redesigning) but might I suggest grabbing some punch plate instead if your heading down that path. Uniformity will give you a better chance of getting the gold into the bottom box. My concern is those little holes will get dirt and rocks stuck in them and be super hard to get them out again. Once they are blocked the flow will head out the back of the top box along with the gold and overburden. Pre classification will help but the irregular size holes aren't going to do you any favours.

Latest posts