Hi - Shellharbour LGA - just starting.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im just starting to act on my interest in fossicking, my grandparents were major fossickers, travelling Australia back in their day. I am hoping to reignite the family interest.

Im a recent member of the Illawarra lapidary club - currently learning faceting and down the track silversmithing - but also want to learn more about minerals and fossicking.

I should add, Im a single parent to a toddler, so restricted on locations for now. But my girl is an avid collector of specimens.

I have an experienced fossicker from the family who is assisting me, but he isnt familiar with the internet and associated technology despite a wealth of knowledge. We are both open to company, and exchanging of knowledge.

Anyone in the Illawarra still around?

Cheers,

Hi Karma welcome this is a slippery slope you are standing on once you start you just cant seem to stop . Have recently finished a silversmithing course and love every minute of it you won't regret going down that path.
Dave

Good to see you carrying on the tradition. Welcome!
1524638050_pedigree.jpg

Latest posts