hi, i'm the new bloke!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westatrest

simon
Reaction score
hi to all you fellow dirt jerkers.
have been lurking around here for a little while, thought I had better sign up and throw in my 2c
was raised by a geologist, so rocks and minerals are in my veins...grew up going on field trips with the old man and watching him apply his craft (those geo's do some really weird stuff!), I have always had a soft spot for cool looking rocks and fossils, used to play with the old boys rock collection as a kid, he has some pretty cool stuff in those 2 old metal boxes!
the old boy passed away this time last year, and as a mark of respect, I am going to try and keep his collection going.. i have twin 2yo boys, and hopefully one day I get the same opportunity to pass on my knowledge and passion to the next generation.
anyhows, thanks for the cuppa and a chat
see you in the dirt..
westy!

welcome westy

glad you enjoyed the cuppa ( thats a special option nugget installed on the PA forum servers here )

we are waiting for him to introduce fax-a-sandwich soon too , apparently it will only be on rice paper but its a start.

look forwards to seeing some photos of your dear dads mineral collection , we all learn from sharing here and hope you find some value on these pages

( condolences re your dad too )

its a funny thing, he probably had more knowledge than most about where certain minerals and rocks form and congregate(i.e. gold, sapphires, rubies) but he has very little in is collection of valuable stones..maybe the sneaky old bugger sold them all to buy liquid amber!
he has a lot of less common specimens, like a piece of yellow cake!...that remindes me, I must remember to buy more lead sheet for that box!

anyone want to meet me out at GG tomorrow (mon 2nd sep)
am going to do a few "see trials" on my newly constructed Ikea-banker..

Latest posts