Hi from Wa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am from WA and so glad to be joining this site to gain knowledge and share stories of this amazing country and what it offers to us. I love the bush, rocks and the serenity and look forward to sharing with you all. Thanks for having me.

Hi Shaz, good to see another West Aussie, plenty of places to look if you don't mind a bit of a drive. Welcome Aboard :)

Not that many in here from WA from what I can see. A lot from over East! Not as regulated over there from what I hear... park the car up, hop out, start detecting! Over here its a little more complicated to say the least! But hey, I'm new too so in time I will get the hang of it!

Do you get out much Westaus?

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome messages and sorry for the late reply. We head to the Kalgoorlie region to prospect and rock hunt but most people I meet are heading up north as they say Kal is done and dusted so time will tell I guess. We are heading to Menzies for a week at Easter, camping and detecting on a lease and I can't wait. We try to get away as much as we can from now until summer but it's a nine hour drive so it's not always easy. I have yet to find a nugget and know if I do how lucky I will be as I know they don't come easy but I do have the new detector so will have fun learning how to use it anyway. If all else fails the night sky will be amazing to see anyway. You gotta love Australia. :)

Latest posts