Hi from Mackay and Moranbah

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Coming to you from Mackay and when I'm working, Moranbah.
New to fossicking for gems etc and have had a few good Moranbah diamond finds and had some stones cut. Have been invited to a mates claim in rubyvale next autumn/winter and see what we can find there. Until then I think a family trip to the gemfields is in order. One day soon hopefully the jolly man in the big red suit will bring me a detector and I'll give a bit of treasure and gold detecting a go.
Would be keen to go for a look up towards eungella and cattle creek areas sometime with a pan in hand if anyone would like to show me how its done.
Anyway, looking forward to having a good read through the forums and having a chat to a few of you. Cheers.
1543829199_img_20181203_174642_829.jpg

Welcome to PA Nightshift.
That's the first time I've heard a Newbie say they've found diamonds! :gemstone:
Are you sure you need any help?!

Not sure you need to be wished any luck either, but good luck mate!
Cheers,
Megsy

Natoli159 said:
Welcome Nigtshift. Rubyvale is a great area for Sapphires. :pickshovel:
Thanks for the welcome all. Natoli, next winter we are heading that way, far too hot at the moment for the kids. I'll post some of my recent finds in the gemstone forum later, there's a fairly decent amount to look at, well I think its a decent amount anyway.

Cheers WhiteyCQ. Get them in to get in contact, I'm always looking to find new places and share locations.

Latest posts