Hi from Canberra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer385

Terry Rushton
Reaction score
Hi all, just signed up. I'm relative newbie having only foessicked for sapphires a few times at Grabben Gullen, with some small success. I have some good blue cutters (small) and what I think is a good yellow.
Plenty of black spinel and what appears to be some red zircon.
Going back tomorrow for an overnighter. Will report in on my return.

I am getting into rock polishing using a lortone 3lb tumbler, and am keen to meet like minded people when the opportunity presents.

Terry.

Welcome aboard Terry, Your certainly looking in the right spot mate ;) Wifey just bought me a Lortone twin 3Ib tumbler kit for xmas, just need to get a few more stones together ;). Might see you out that way

Cheers

C&L

Good to see the canberra connection getting even stronger :)
Hope to see you out and about one day mate.
Regards Greg

I've not been in any sapphire areas so nice to have a newbie on board who may become an expert in the future!

Welcome

Peter

Welcome to the forum Terry. If you like the lure of gemstones then Canberra is a very convenient location. There's a lot productive locations within a 2hr drive of the Capital.

Hope the forum enhances your interests in prospecting and hope to catch up one day on a local stream. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts