Hi from Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here and already have already jumped the gun a bit and posted an intro in the Metal Detecting for Gold forum, but I'll introduce myself formally in here too!

My name's Mike and I'm pretty keen to get into metal detecting really soon. I'm been spending the past few weeks researching like mad before I buy a detector and can't wait to get started. I'm lucky enough to live in Bendigo so I thought I'd have to be silly to not give prospecting a go in the Golden Triangle!

I'm primarily going to be prospecting out in the bush for gold, but I do want to do a bit of coin/treasure hunting on the beaches/historic areas as well. I'm not going into this with the intent of "getting rich" but I would definitely sell what gold I find, and would either sell any valuable treasure I dig up or build myself up a nice little collection.

Any advice is definitely most welcome. Even if anyone from Bendigo would be keen to have a newbie tag along with them some time I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks guys and gals, great community you've got here.

welcome xxplosiv,

your in a great part of the GT to start the hobby and no doubt you will find your first bit soon enough. Ask any questions here and most members will steer you in the right direction.

best of luck

Latest posts