Hi Folks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sog

Reaction score
Hi All interested in what is a quality Metal Detector,
Any tips on cost for a licence cheers

Hi All interested in what is a quality Metal Detector,
Any tips on cost for a licence cheers
Hi Sog, welcome. The question you asked is very complex. Firstly we need to know some details.
1. What are you searching for? Gold , coins or both.
2. What area are you searching sea, land.
3. Which state victoria golden triangle, Western Australia.
4. Your budget.
People tend to start off low and determine if prospecting is really for them, You could spend 10k plus on a GPZ and find nothing and give up frustrated. Having the best does not guarantee gold. This relies on research and actually walking over the gold.

My best advice would be join a club in your area and soak up the combined knowledge. May work out better for you.

cheers hh

Hi Sog.
I simply have a plastic pan, no detector.
The folks here have plenty of experience to share with you.

Hi Sog.
I simply have a plastic pan, no detector.
The folks here have plenty of experience to share with you.
Hi Ralf, thanks for the other options. I am amazed that you can have results. But my cup of knowledge is empty. Will appreciate all comments. cheers SOG

Hi Sog, welcome. The question you asked is very complex. Firstly we need to know some details.
1. What are you searching for? Gold , coins or both.
2. What area are you searching sea, land.
3. Which state victoria golden triangle, Western Australia.
4. Your budget.
People tend to start off low and determine if prospecting is really for them, You could spend 10k plus on a GPZ and find nothing and give up frustrated. Having the best does not guarantee gold. This relies on research and actually walking over the gold.

My best advice would be join a club in your area and soak up the combined knowledge. May work out better for you.

cheers hh

Hi H/H,thanks for feed back.Its just a plan to have some adventure while looking around.Tin can or coins has to put a smile on the face.In WA I could get keen very quickly . I would also assume its besed not to see it as an income.The type speed is slow ? many thanks HH

Latest posts